Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use Italic Font, it appears different

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
I have activated the font FF Tisa Pro from Adobe Fonts.

In Adobe XD, however, all font styles are displayed in italic, regardless of whether I have selected regular or italic, for example. I use Windows 10 on the PC and when I select the font in Word / WordPad, everything is displayed correctly.

I have also started a new project in Adobe XD (50.0.12), but the problem is the same.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does this problem only occur with that specific font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have noticed that at least with the Tisa font, when I activate an italic font, the font in with the same font-weight is somehow "overwritten" with it.
Others system fonts like e.g. Calibri works fine. So I think it's an font specific issue, but hey I have no clue.

If someone has a good tip for me, please tell me. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try FF Tisa Sans, the problem with Italic and Regular does not occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for providing us with more information. Are you using a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.
I can say that a day later I updated to the latest Adobe XD version and now the behavior is inverted. Tisa regular font is displayed as it is and Tisa italic font is displayed regularly. My colleague has the same problem with this font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I can't edit my post. I mean the italic font isn't displayed italic, it is like the regualr font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dennis1579 ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try uninstalling the font and then re-installing different font-weights separately and let us know if that solves the issue or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rishabh_Tiwari,

I tried that, but the Problem wasn't solved after that. If I istall the italic font, the regualr font is "overwritten".
Do you have Adobe XD running under Windows 10? If so, you could try it by yourself. I'm pretty sure that you get the same issue by the Tisa Font (FF Tisa Pro).

Regards 
Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines