• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to work with components built with stacks in XD

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using components built with stacks to create commonly used page templates across my web application. This works great with one issue, when I push updates from the main library the components not only lose their prototype links, but they also seem to randomly move on the page, so I need to reposition them, and other components within the page component itself move, pushing out the frame of the component because of the padding applied to the background. 

This happens nearly every time I update the document assets, and in most cases I've not touched any of the master library components used in the page template component. I don't know what is causing it, can anyone help?

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Libbie5CC3.

Thankyou for reaching out. We would request you to please create a video of your workflow from sratch for better understanding so that we can try replicating at our end. 

Please also share the details of your operating system and the version of XD installed on your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Unfortunately I am having the same issue as Libbie5CC3. I am using XD on iOS, the version of XD is: 51.0.12.6.

I have a library, attached to its source document. And I have another document in which I am using instances from the libraries components.

When making changes to a component that uses the stacks function, modified instances that are created within the source document are fine. Modified instances in other documents shift weirdly.

1. Example: I have a single Component consisting of a background rectangle, an icon and a text. The icon and the text are grouped and are a stack. In an instance I have deleted the icon and kept the group around the text to keep it connected to the component. When making a change to the component e.g. changing the width, the instance in the source document shows no abnormality. However the same instance in the other document does. Its text now shifts to the old position as if the icon was still there…
  2. Example: I have a component with three nested components. The nested components are a stack. In an instance I have moved one of the nested instances to the left. When making a change to the component e.g. changing the width, the instance in the source document shows no abnormality. However the same instance in the other document does. The whole instance has now shifted.

Note: It doesn’t matter which change you make in the component. I also tried e.g. changing the font, same weird position shift happens.

Do you know why this happens and how to prevent it from happening?

It is weird to me, that the instances in the source document behave differently to the instances in the other document.

I will share the files and screenshots of before/after in a DM with you Harshika.

Kind regards

Marlena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines