• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo (Ctrl+Z) stops functioning randomly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a huge fan of Adobe XD, but I've been experiencing problems for a long time now. On the Windows side of things, the Undo or Ctrl+Z will stop functioning randomly, and this happens quite frequently. The only solution I've found is closing Adobe XD and reopening it. The other issue is Adobe XD will occasionally get stuck on a blank or loading screen until It's reopened again. Can Adobe please fix this problem? I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 and Adobe XD...

I'm on a Surface Pro 6 at the moment, so the machine certainly isn't old. I did not experience this on the iMac I owned a while back, it only seems to be on Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue for 1.5 years. Adobe support is totally unsupportive, they ask the same questions, for example, what my Windows version is... this repeats again and again. It has to be clear that this tool cannot be used for professional work. It can be used to play with rectangles and circles or get some courses in UX/UI design but if you start working seriously, there is a fair chance to fail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue, when CTRL+Z stops working.

Usually it happens when I'm duplicating elements using Alt, holding Shift, dragging.. Minimizing XD and maximizing it back fixes the issue (for a while). I was working on a pretty large file for multiple hours and I could manage to repeat this glitch constantly by duplicating elements while holding Alt/Shift and dragging. What it triggered was duplicating element, but accidently selecting and dragging the previous duplicate. I couldn't deselect the both objects anymore, instead it kept selecting other objects if I clicked on them. I believe CTRL+Z still works, but XD just doesn't register they keys, because it's stuck/frozen on that selection. I hope that makes sense.

I can't make this happen on a fresh document after closing/opening XD, so that might be some issue with too many memory states?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heppening to me too on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening to me now
i'm also sharing my file with a coworker and i cant quit this file to close the app, i don't know if it's related

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Carolina25767939t821,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to use the Undo functionality in XD. Would you mind switching your focus to any other app by maximizing and minimizing the XD app, and let us know if that helps?

Are you able to Undo using the keyboard shortcut (CTRL + Z)?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue today.  I updated to the newer version of Adobe and this function disappeared.  I reverted to the older version and the feature disappeared there as well.  Closed out the document several times, still no dice.  Thankfully, I had an older copy which had never been opened with the new version.  The control Z functionality is not lost in this document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm. This is still happening. I accidentally deleted something I can't get back. 🙄 now I have to do it all over again. This sucks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sucks this issue seems to be happening with certain users with no clear fix. 

But don't forget you can still use Undo without the keyboard shortcut. Edit > Undo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines