Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo or CTRL+Z not working at XD

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am creating a new project at windows platform. It starts good but after 2 hours later undo option had become disable and ctrl+z is not working .

Any suggestion or help please !

Thanks in Advance

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Comments forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Make sure you have the windows 10 creator update applied to your computer, this solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Hi there,

I understand it could be annoying and sorry for the trouble that you're facing with undo function not working. Here are some steps that may help.

• SaveAs to a new file.
  • Remove any items you added before the copy/paste
  • Make edits to the master component
  • Remove items from the instances you don’t wish to see the edit.

Please let me know if this works for you. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Reinstall the Xd app then it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still broken in 37.1.32.2 (latest version as of Mar 1 2021).

Steps to reproduce on windows:

1. Create a gradient.
  2. Make one of the colors in the gradient transparent by dragging up or down with your mouse in the opacity percentage field.
  3. Try and use undo.

Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is the most frustrating one I ever experienced from Adobe.
I hoped the lastest update I just installed would solve it but again 9 out of 10 times UNDO does not work until I restart XD.
Please fix this immediately because working like that is pure pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently on the latest windows, I have just updated Adobe XD to the newest version. I've had this problem for the past two week and had some what given up. I found the opacity issue and after updating to the latest version of Adobe XD, the first thing I did was adjust opacity and then hit CTRL-Z, and boom, the bug is still there and undo has became  disabled after adjusting the opacity. This is a HUGE bug. Please fix this. I see this issue has been going on for MONTHS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only months, but years now. VERY frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long until Adobe addresses this properly? This is clearly a major bug that has gone unresolved for YEARS. Each time the opacity slider is used on an element, Undo and Redo no longer work until the app is restarted, so this causes issues A LOT. When will this be fixed? It's difficult to recommend Xd to anyone when I've never had this issue with Figma. How can they keep an app working efficiently, but the mighty Adobe seem to be struggling with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix it. User "Jinye" already posted how to reproduce this bug in 2020 and theres still no fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTRL+Z/Undo breaks after color opacity is adjusted using your mouse:

This bug is still present after updating to 38.0.12 today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested it and YES this is the reason. Incredible that Adobe still didn't figure it out after 4 years. Is anyone from staff seeing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES BABY! I can reproduce this exactly as you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only been 3 years and it's still a problem. Restarting XD is cool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be with changing the opacity of a color element using the mouse. Can anyone reproduce this? I want this fixed, pleassee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a wonderful Saturday and I just want to bust out a User Interface idea I've had for a few days on my PC. Of course I gotta run into a years old bug around a function as essential as right clicking on my PC version.  What dissappoints me the most is that I've used XD on Mac for years at work and never encoutnered this bug (in truth we dont use opacity at all becauses ADA compliance, color blind stuff etc its easier to not use tints.) so maybe I just never had a reason to encounter it at work.

I've started using a Photoshop alternative because of Adobe's lack of interest in drawing functions and slow update speed. Looks like I now need to look into an XD alternative. 4+ years for Ctrl+Z functionality, where is all that sub money going?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 2021: CTRL+Z Still broken in latest version 39.0.12 on Windows 10.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select any element and click on the fill color
  2. Drag up or down on the Alpha/Opacity field to adjust using your mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is still an issue on the 2021 version I have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control + Z stops working from time to time, I need to close the program and open again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the frustration. We would request you to please collect Adobe logs and Crash dumps whenever undo function is not working and share them with us. Once the logs are generated, please upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with us here or over a PM.

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please add the URL of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right after reading this, I noticed I cannot control z already. And at this point at the log, I cannot assign any left and right thumbstick press as trigger to change the component state. I have to close and open my file every time it stops working (control z issue + not saving the gamepad buttons that will control the interaction I want to ) and I am talking about 5 to 5 minutes. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgkn93dxp8gj8s2/XD.DMP?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eynjixtdqljmbx2/AdobeLogs_20210614_084448_886-win.zxp?dl=0

these are the logs and dump files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just noticed that after updating to version 41, control z issue came back. As I am working a lot with prototypes with keys and gamepad (and it conflicts with the use of shortcuts like ctrl+s to save) I use to go to the menu, with the mouse, and press to save. But even after changing the file, I cannot even save. This issue happens at the same time I have the issue with control z. I cant undo, and the menus are greyed out. Its like I just opened the file, but I am working on it for 2 hours. When I close and open again, I even lose the latest bits of work. I saved my file locally now (lost the live links to share the prototype with that action) and now I can control z and save. So I think this has something to do with the cloud auto save. Something happened on the latest update that messed up with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. Could you please also share the XD file as well and I will go ahead and log a bug for your issue and escalate it further for investigation?

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reporting this because this is absolutely not a right answer. My windows is up to date and thanks to Adobe XD update 41, I have to close and open my XD file in each 10 minutes of work because control z does not work, and it comes with a series of other issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been more than 3 years since this bug has been identified along with the steps to reproduce it and nothing has been done, apart from useless answers from Adobe like updating Xd and Windows. 

For such an important and frustrating bug to still be occurring is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree. For a company that loves to tell us how much they value their customers and the creative community, there doesn't seem to be much emphasis to put that into action with addressing legitimate issues affecting our ability to work in the programs efficiently and without frustration.

The good thing in regards to XD at least, there are several solid alternatives outside the Adobe ecosystem. Still frustrating when you have a project and time invested into XD, but worth considering before you begin your next project with XD! Love the program myself, but Ctrl+Z bug makes it hard to want to keep using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem too. I saved my file as a local document instead of a cloud document, which fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue today 28 Jan 2022 - randomly. Can't undo via the short cut or in the menu... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem today, more than SIX YEARS later !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines