• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlinked error on main component in main document in XD 42.1 version

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are main components in my document that come up with a red link ikon, even though its located in the same document. Why? Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 13.12.22.png

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

A fix was released in v44.1. Please upgrade to this release and let us know your results.

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have highlighted this issue to our Product team and they are investigating on the workflow. We will get back to you if they need information from your end. 

The best you can help us with is to share a video of your workflow showing the behavior so that they can try replicating their end and check the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening on a lot of documents now, so it is hard to isolate. Including one of my libraries. I'm coping components to a blank document breaking then copying back. I'm doing this becasue XD doesn't let you duplicate a master. You don't let us organize components within a library. Libraries are slow and require constant updating. 

Who thought it was a good idea to break everyones workflow. For a program that does UX/UI design, Adobe may want to think about doing some user research before breaking everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TL Price wrote:

I'm coping components to a blank document breaking then copying back. I'm doing this becasue XD doesn't let you duplicate a master.

This is exactly how to cause this problem! Unless you Make Local in blank document before copy/pasting it back to original document.

Duplicating a Master is a fair Feature Request. I found this on User Voice if you care to add your vote. I'm surprised that it only has 1 vote, so search around to see if there is another Feature Request with more votes:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/924229-adobe-xd-strategic-development/suggestions/39421402-dupl...

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@HARSHIKA_VERMA This is June 2023 and I have started to experience the same issue, plus another issue. The component does not function as intended anymore! When you adjust a component, it no longer affects its instances even though it was working well originally. When you make a new component, it still doesn't change the properties of instances, even on a completely new file. Would there be a permanent solution to the missing link? This thread started in 2021 and it now persists in 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have an ETA on when this will be fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a change coming in v44 that should fix case for Components that show Link to same doc/library.

But, we're still try to reproduce some other cases. Please let us know if you have a reproducible recipe for getting into this situation when creating a new Library. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't create new libraries all the time. That isn't remotely how I work. Adobe's libraries are buggy and take time to sync, cause load issues, and multiple components, because you don't have a simple MERGE function. I have a central design system I built into a couple libraries. If I'm going to rebuild this library, it's in Figma. I understand that Adobe's core user are people pretending to be UI designers, but you also need to think about the people who need this for production work. Right now, I'm recommending my team and every designer I know to move away from this poorly implemented program. 

Do better.

Also you're last updated added groups, but those groups didn't translate when moving components from a library. Utterly useless. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed CC and XD yesterday and this morning I created components in a doc, published them and used them in an other doc. I closed for break and when I opened again the components had a red link. I can't even locate them.

I contacted the support and while chating I created new components. At some point he told me to shut XD, sign off/on of CC to make them work again. Worst, the new one I was created also had a red link. Nothing is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please DM the file and other details asked on the post and I will escalate this further. To send the DM, please click on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you right now it's caused from copying components from one document to another to break them and move them back. And I had to do this because Adobe XD forgot to add a DUPLICATE MAIN COMPONENT feature. Because again, they don't bother to talk to the people who are using it. 

The migrating shared components to libraries shouldn't have happened before the core components issues were addressed:

1. merging duplicates components
2. duplicating main components (not creating instances)
3.  merging instant changes with main component for all the million times a designer changed an instance and not a master. 
4. arranging component layers. 

These need to be Adobe XD's priorities. I waited a year being nice, and waiting. These are core issues, and now my design systems are broken and my workflow has tripled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback!

Since you installed yesterday, then you're probably running v44 -- is that correct?

Regarding the doc where you created your Components, was it a Local or Cloud doc?

Do you have any nested Components?

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 44.0.12.7

They're all cloud documents. And they are nested components in the second doc.

I created icons on the first doc. In the second doc, where they are unliked now, they're nested to make buttons components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When adding Components from your Library in second doc, do you use Assets Panel to drag/drop from Library or copy/paste from first doc?

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Assets Panel since is the new norm in XD. They come with the red link on the upper left corner of the icon and in the Assets Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have not been able to reproduce problem. Any other details that you think might be relevant?

Was Library Source document created in v44 or a previous version of XD?

Mac or Windows? Version?

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I'm talking about that omnot only happened once but twice in the same document. This is nonsense, we used to have an option to locate the file. As we use Assets Panel now and the doc with is well published, why does it appear unliked in the second doc? Well.. When you create new icons in the first doc, publish/update library, drag/drop it in the 2nd doc it is perfect and linked. But when you close XD/the doc and come back, they're unliked.

The first doc was created in v44. The 2nd doc was created last year. It is a big project.

I use Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to version 44.

Cloud documents.

Yes to nested components. I'm a professional designer who builds complex components for our companies design system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue over here. I noticed it yesterday even though I only updated to the latest build today. After the update, it's much worse. Some components can be made local and some can't. I don't even have the option to delete some of these.

My master component library is now insisting that all of my components can't be used because they're not local to the file. But I built everything in this file from scratch. I just finished making new components yesterday, updated to the latest XD version today (44.0.12.7), and this morning all of those components are broken. This is a show stopper. I've been using XD from the very beginning but I never experienced this level of broken-ness with an update before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also face the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix was released in v44.1. Please upgrade to this release and let us know your results.

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines