• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical video is played stretched

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload a vertically oriented video (like YouTube's shorts) on one of my XD boards, the video is stretched horizontally when played. I don't see any options in XD to change this. It's the same for videos I recorded on my iPhone held vertically as for recordings of a vertical-shaped part of my Macbook screen.

Here's before and during play:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.23.37.pngScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.21.04.png

How can I have these videos play normally (as they were recorded)? Thanks!!

TOPICS
Design , How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

I tried a vertical video from iPhone and it plays normal in my XD. May be you can try opening your video in QuickTime (or Media Encoder) and re-export?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a vertical video from iPhone and it plays normal in my XD. May be you can try opening your video in QuickTime (or Media Encoder) and re-export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip! I tried this with my iPhone recording. Since QuickTime only lets me export to .mov I changed the file extension to .mp4, and then it worked! My other videos were too large in size for XD, so I had to use Handbrake and I guess XD doesn't like the default Anamorphic setting. With that set to off, the vertical videos play fine in XD 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you mentioned turning off the Anamorphic setting on Handbrake literally saved my life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same trouble they are all MP4 vertical videos and uplaod stretched in the social media scheduler. Also why cant we contact customer support for paid plans - considering using another scheduler tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you posted this in a wrong forum. Are you having an issue with Adobe Express? If so post it here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-express/ct-p/ct-adobe-express

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines