• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is future of XD? No way to download anymore.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is future of XD? We have people with new Creative Cloud licenses, XD isn't included anymore. Only older uses can access XD (at lest those in our company). We just bought a few new CC license and XD is no where to be found. We need a prototyping tool and need to know sooner than later if XD is not availble to any new users. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @citizenseal,

Adobe XD is no longer available for purchase as a single application but will continue to be supported for existing users. XD will continue to be available as part of our Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. We will continue to support existing Adobe XD customers. If you're unable to see Adobe XD with an All Apps membership, please share your Adobe ID through DM, I'll get your account checked and will assist you.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rishabh. With the XD-Figma deal falling apart, Adobe isn't making XD a priority for new users and existing inovation has stopped. We love XD and out company is deeply intragrated. With that said, does it makes sense for anyone using XD to start migrating over to Figma or Sketch now? Seems Adobe is elimnated UX/UI from their portfolio, maybe relying on an AI app in future? It's tough to see such a great program slowly die. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I migrated to Figma (having been a Sketch user before XD), in part due to the cloud-centric nature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like lots of others we were about to migrate to Figma from XD, I'm wondering if that's still the best option. I like XD but I really need to know what's happening with it. Thoughts Chris?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda feel like my team is stuck in limbo too, we embraced XD because it was included in our CC license and didn't require an additional cost / subscription license management. If we need to get set up and move over to Figma, that's fine, but I just wish they would officially say what the plan is moving forward since the acquisition failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With almost all the program management team that I know on other projects and the product officailly in maintaince mode, that is about a clear sign as you are probably going to get. Explore the other solutions and see what fits your team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the insight! The only thing tripping me up is that they wound things down and put the app in maintenance mode when it seemed like the Figma acquisition was gonna go through, and now that it isn't, it seems hard for me to imagine that Adobe is going to just completely cede the prototyping space. But, whether they start building back up the XD team or create a new product, neither would be happening in the near-future and probably be worth it to just look for a new solution for my team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They started winding down even before the Figma annoucement. Look at the cadence of releases and what was released. It was clear that Adobe wasn't investing as much into the product and some started to wonder even then about its future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slowly? This has been the quickest execution I've seen Adobe enact in decades. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Adobe has every right to stop with XD, but in the name of good customer service, they should provide clarity so XD users can move on.

How long will the XD desktop and its cloud environment still be working? There are only ±7 months until the next macOS is released. Will XD be upgraded to work with that new release? Or with the next update in 2025?

That sets the timeline for a migration.

An actual migration could be tricky. For example, I tried to convert an XD file to Figma, which was considerable (and tedious) work. ProtoPie and Axure promise a better experience but are significantly more expensive. And how do they integrate with, e.g., Photoshop and Illustrator? Is a proper workflow still possible?

It would be nice if Adobe gave some guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishah - I sent you a couple DM's and Adobe ID of our employee with CC license and can't access XD. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issues. I joined my company and the UX Designer before me used XD. I had to message Adobe help desk and someone sent me an old download version and it worked kind of. Components and other various things would not transition over from their designs to the older XD version. Hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue as the last post (I joined a team that uses XD, but I could not get XD since it did not show as an app in my Adobe CC app). However, I did find a link that I was able to get to Adobe XD through the browser (instead of the Adobe CC app). The link below let me install Adobe XD, and now it shows up in my Adobe Creative Cloud application as well.

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop/pdp/xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the link! This is a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently acquired an Adobe CC subscription specifically for our new team member, with XD being the primary application needed. Unfortunately, XD is the only application that is not accessible to him, while all other applications are working fine. Over the past two days, his productivity has been hampered due to the inability to access XD, and we have yet to receive a satisfactory response from Adobe. Can anyone assist us with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using XD in our orgnisation, and now another employee needs to use XD also. How do we go about getting this person on XD?  what plan do they need? and how to then add it afterwards? via creative cloud or?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

I head marketing for a new employer where I want to use Adobe XD to build a new website.  Why is access to Adobe XD going away? Is that functionality going to be offered in a different program?  Meantime, I would like to have access if at all possible.  Please help me.

Best,

Bev Moore  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev,

Adobe XD is no longer available for purchase as a single application but will continue to be supported for existing users. XD will continue to be available as part of our Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. We will continue to support existing Adobe XD customers. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a shame. Our agency integrated XD deeeeeply. Not only UI but asset creation, together with clients and stuff.
XD is perfect by any means for this. We hate to see it go and to be honest are quite furious about it.

Migrating to Figma is a joke, you loose way to much and Figma itself has quite a learning curve if you quickly want to get on your XD level and speed.
What a shame. We used to love Adobe so much, but times are changing aren't they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. It takes some investment but I starting to feel more comfortable in Figma. I had seriously hoped for an official file converter from either Adobe or Figma to help out this mess that many of us are now in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you. Migrating to Figma is a joke, considering that Adobe is essentially a standard in the creative industry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe left us high & dry.
After (in my case) 30 years of paying for their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But honestly, I don’t see any reasons to switch because XD has everything. The only upgrade would be if there were better tools for development

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is until we are notified (which we have not been), that Adobe is turning off support completely. Then you lose the ability to even run XD, regardless if your files are all local. The other risk is an OS update breaks something, then what is the reponse to that? Something to think about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines