• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With latest XD update (40) it crashes every time on trying to link the prototype pages on MacOS.

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the new version that claims to "enhance performance". Now every time I try to link actions on the Prototype tab, it crashes. If I drag the arrow to a page, it crashes. If I select the page from the 'Destination' dropdown, it crashes.

How was something so basic not caught during QA before pushing this update out there!? Or do you even do QA and just rely on users to find all the bugs.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you all for your patience. 

With XD latest update (XD 40.1.22), the prototype issue is fixed. We would request you to please update to the latest version and let us know if that works at your end.

If you still see the issue, could you please try uninstalling XD and remove /Applications/Adobe XD.app from Finder, and then Install XD 40.1 again? Let us know if you need further assistance from us.

We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicholas,

We are sorry to hear that. I am unable to replicate the issue at my end on my windows machine. Have you tried it with a new XD file?  I would also like to confirm if you've tried signing out of XD, Creative Cloud, restart the machine and then sign back in again. Let us know if that helps.

If the issue still persists, please record a video of the workflow and the OS version of your machine and share it with us.

We will try our best to investigate.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac with Mojave 10.14.6, Just updated to XD version 40.0.22.12

It continued to crash every time even after quitting and restarting XD. Also quit and restarted the Creative Cloud but that didn't help. Every time I tried to link an action to another artboard, it would immediately freeze, get the spinning beach ball, and the laptop would rev up like it was going to take off.

A full shutdown and restart of my MacBook seems to have helped. But I've never had to restart my laptop after all the other recent XD updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA  got the same problem here. Since i updated to XD 40 yesterday, XD keeps freezing when i try to link artboards to update my prototype.

I did try to:
-- log out of XD and CC,
-- restart etc. but it did not changed anything.

Then i tryed to reverting to XD 39 but since document had been autosaved with XD 40 i could not open it with version 39 😕  

My feeling is that it s crashing when trying to autosave to the cloud...

Im on MacOS 11.3.1 and XD is at 40.0.22

I did manage to have that log colector tool running.  That tool generated a lot of files and i cant really make sense of those. I tried to attache them here but the upload limit is 10 files ...so..?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HARSHIKA_VERMA

Having the same issue (Mac OS Big Sur 11.3.1). In design mode everything works normally, but as soon as I switch to prototyping it freezes and I have to close the app. I have restarted the computer, signed out and back in on both Creative Cloud and XD and nothing changes. This all started after the XD 40.0.22.12 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround I have found for now is to save the document to local. This disables certain features such as versioning, which isn't ideal. This would tell me that is is a cloud saving issue. I hope Adobe can get this updated quickly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issueon Mac OS Big Sur 11.3.1. As soon as I select prototype mode, it freezes. Tried on both creative cloud and also saved as local document. Also tried reintsalling the application. Nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here but on Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2 (64-bit), Adobe XD version 40.0.22.12. Works in Design mode but freezes in Prototype mode when trying to connect artboards.

I tried:
- signing out of CC and restarting the computer
- reinstalling XD
- creating a new file (worked for a while but started freezing again)
- reverting to previous version of XD (39) but could not open the document anymore because it has been saved in version 40

Nothing worked. XD is unusable in this state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I've recorded a video yesterday. Adobe XD version 40.0.22 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the same problem I have with the 40.0.22. Windows 10. I've cleaned XD from my system and reinstalled but still have this issue when on the prototype screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA 

I uploaded the content of my 'Log Collector Tool' folder to CC along whit a screen recording of the crash.
here is the link : https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/7790c029-4d99-4e57-525d-ae4721cf76e3

Hope you find a solution to this problem, I really need to be able to publish my prototype soon.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the solve problem take more than a week, please just go back to version before 10 May. You can improve while we do my work. 

It make me confuse and frustasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. Using Windows 10

I tried:
- signing out of CC and restarting the computer
- reinstalling XD

Nothing worked. XD is unusable in this state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried making a new file and seeing if this issue reproduces?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it does replicate. It did not work for me. It is the same behaviour every  t i m e.

Beside this the windows application is very, but very unstable. I had today since 40.0 update 6 crashes randomly and i wasn't the only one in the office facing this kind of issue, all while collaborating on files. Thank god for the cloud file storage system and autosave. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a new file didn't work for me. I tried saving as a local document, as Brandon Green above suggested, and that seems to work, but I only tested it for a minute, it might still cause problems down the line. Anyways, it's not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you all for your patience. 

With XD latest update (XD 40.1.22), the prototype issue is fixed. We would request you to please update to the latest version and let us know if that works at your end.

If you still see the issue, could you please try uninstalling XD and remove /Applications/Adobe XD.app from Finder, and then Install XD 40.1 again? Let us know if you need further assistance from us.

We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Having the same issue as other users have reported here since update to 40.0.22.12
Constant beach ball / freeze when trying to link buttons, componets to artboards. Have to force quit app every few minutes. I've tried all the suggestions listed here (restart app, restart computer, etc… no fix). On a deadline with a gigantic project for a client which has now come to a standstill. When you say "You will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD", what kind of timeframe are we talking about here? A few days? A week? more? This bug makes the software completely unusable as of now…
Client has been pushing to swith workflow to Figma, which I've recommended against, but now having doubts that I lead them the wrong path…
Fabrice
OS: 10.15.7 (Catalina) / XD v.40.0.22.12 / Adobe CC 5.4.5.550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing my thread for the same issues to this @HARSHIKA_VERMA , however along with the other reply to this comment we have a huge project on deadline that this is now at, effectively, a standstill.

Similar questions from me; what kind of timeframe are we talking about here? A few days? A week? more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Harshika,

The update you reference is not being reflected on Creative Cloud yet, it does not show up as an available update.

Could you please look ito this so that we can all update and get back to work? This 7-day work hiatus has been a bit of a death blow to our workflow. Thanks!

Cheers,
Fabrice

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 9.59.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xd.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the update, but I wonder what will happen when I click update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😂👏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Yanwarpro,
Thanks for sharing the screen shot. For some reason not showing up on my end. I quit CC and restarted it and still nothing. 
See below 😞

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 11.06.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines