• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with stacks

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this features changed in functionality? I cannot get it to work for me anymore.

I create a component and repeat it vertically 10 times. I select all items and want to create a vertical stack. But I can only do that from a group. So I make a group of all those elements. Then I check the vertical stack checkbox, but this creates a NEW group with all those elements already in it. So essentially I am NOT able to create a stack with the actual elements that I want to stack, because Adobe adds a new group each time. Super annoying. Check out the video i attached to see the problem. 

And ALSO, if I do manage to get it to work (sometimes it does work if you work from scratch) you have stacks and you have components states. Like an accordeon for example that folds open. You would expect in the prototype mode, that this would also push the other stack elements down. But it doesn't. So then what is the point of this feature? 

Hope someone can help me clear this up if I miss anything. 

TOPICS
Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that you facing Issue while working on stacks in XD. In the video which you have shared with us I see components in which you are selecting to make a group are overlapping on each other component(Check height/width of each component) and when you select these components and make it a group and enable stacks It is creating a group Inside it. So please can u make sure that the components which you are selecting to enable stack are not overlappi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that you facing Issue while working on stacks in XD. In the video which you have shared with us I see components in which you are selecting to make a group are overlapping on each other component(Check height/width of each component) and when you select these components and make it a group and enable stacks It is creating a group Inside it. So please can u make sure that the components which you are selecting to enable stack are not overlapping on each other and then try to create stacks.I have attached videos of your Issue and solution for it ,so please go through It.Also for repeating components please use repeat grid feature and make sure spacing is greater than or equal to '0'

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this. We'd be happy to help

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Chethan Girish 

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain the issue here. Now I know how to avoid it! 

Indeed the boxes were overlapping indeed, so far I know it's the only way to make that the border in between elements the same width. An other solution would be to just use lines as border, which is a little tedious. But is required since we can't put borders on individual sides. 

So I think adding either or both of these options to XD would make the flow a little nicer

- Have border control over the individual sides (there is still some room for it as well on the right bottom side)

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 14.44.06.png

- Allow negative margins to create stacks. Might be a little bit more complex to implement and hard to track, but I think worth the time to investigate since I can think of a lot of things that would require stacks to overlap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines