Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD : Changes made in Components are not updated in asset library

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 | Adobe XD 26.0.22.5

I now encountered several times the issue, that changes in components are not reflected in the asset library. I can edit the master component as much as I want, XD just won't update the component in the library. It seems to happen mostly, when there are nested components (f.e. a button component inside a navigation header component).

{Title renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Design , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you mean that changes in master component isn't reflecting in asset panel ? 

Is nested components are also master component or instance, because if master component are nested inside other master component, changes must reflect on asset panel. But if instances of another master component is present inside of master component. Then changes may or may not reflect,it depends what you are changing and how. 

So, Could you please attach Gif file to investigate the issue in depth. 

Thank you,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

in the attached video you see the problem. The navigation bar on top is the master component, the one below the linked asset. The changes in the master component are not present in the linked asset.Adobe XD sync problems.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By linked asset ,you mean instances right. Because master component and linked asset both cannot be in same Doc. Well, it would be helpful if you ellaborate more about nested component with how many states and hover you have added. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many problems with nested components that Adobe should solve the problem instead of keeping the users testing their software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi subedi, 

to add to this thread my experience with this issue.

The problem mostly occurs, when nesting instances of a primary component, let's say a button with 3 states(default, hover and active) inside another primary component. 

Let's say you want to create a navigation bar for a website.

Of course you want every button on the nav-bar to behave the same way,

so you create a component of one nav-button with its three states as a component that you can reuse.

Also the nav-bar should be the same on every page right?

To achieve this, you would create the nav-bar and add number of instaces of your primary "button" component.

Now you have 3 instances of the primary button component inside your navbar, which you now turn into a primary component called "navigation" for example.

So far for the setup, now this is where the issue starts:

Let's say you put the navigation component on every page you design and you now want to change one of the Navigation entries. So you edit the primary "navbar" component and adjust the text on one of the nested instances of the "button" component to your desired wording. 

Now what you would expect is, that the text-changes to the button instance inside your primary "navbar" component, would propagate to all navbar instances in your project.

Instead what happens is, that all changes you made to the button-instance within the primary component are lost and none of them show up in any of the navbar instances or the component library.

Sorry for the long read, but I feel this might explain the issue a bit better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good explaination.

I see you got no response. 

I also have had many issues with this very fundamental and aparently missing functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me Library Componets just do not work when it comes to updates, my next solution will be moving to Figma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines