XD crashes while window change, while file saving - TOTALY UNUSABLE

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD crashes in different scenarios on Windows 10 64bit:

1. Just after startup when changing app window to full screen OR

2. When trying to save even empty template file - localy or to the cloud

I tried to reinstall XD few times to different versions, I changed graphic drivers on Intel HD520.

The XD is totally unusable. 

How can you put such a garbage application on the market? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe XD. Have you tried using Log Collector tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have, logs AdobeLogs_20210511_105337_299-win.zip uploaded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the name of the Adobe logs of your machine that you generated. Could you please also share the XD versions of your machine and a sample XD file for investigation? Please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with us.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens on current version which is XD 40.0.22, but also on prveious ones 39.0.12 and 38.xxx.

There is no any file cause I can't create anything as it crashes after startup. 

I wanted to create some project in XD and check how it works but what I see it is not worth a penny. As it crashes at very beginning it is pointless to invest time in this XD workflow. Such a shame Adobe.

SCENARIO: I start XD (it opens in small window mode), open a template eg. web 1920x1080 and click top right sqare to switch to full screen view and it crashes/app closes itself.

The same issue happens when I grab bottom right corner of the app window and try to make it bigger but not full screen - instant crash.

Note: I does not crash when app is started and left on first screen wher user can select a template, I can maximase window, but as soon as I open any template, bang - crash. I repeat, it is not even file, it is empty template!. End of story.

I work on Dell laptop (Intel HD520 graphic) + 2 external monitors 2560x1440.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you view Adobe XD on an external monitor or laptop monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried on both, no difference, crash everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the information. I understand this is very frustrating. I have logged a bug for your issue so that our team can investigate the issue.

I will share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any results? Did you find root cause in logs? Any chance for quick fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so the team is working on your bug and they also require full crash dumps which you can enable using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/in/xd/kb/how-to-collect-crash-logs.ug.html and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with us.

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. But I am unable to open the link at my end. Could you please upload the logs to Dropbox or WeTransfer and share the URL again with me?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, somehow I tried today and I am able to open the link and able to download the XD crash dumps. 

Thank you very much.

-Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any logs analysis results after 10 days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand it's been a while now. I checked the status of the bug and it's still under investigation. I have asked for an update from the team and added my comment in the bug as well. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi default5hrtx16zi3u5 ,

Thankyou for your patience. The team is still investigating on the issue and would like to know if you are using an on-screen keyboard or pen/inking?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing like that. I don't have touch sreen in my laptop. Usual config, mouse and keyboard, laptop monitor and via docking station two additional monitors. No pens, no graphic tablets.

Other tools like PS and InD work ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional info. I have conveyed the information to the team and will let you know if there are any further updates on the bug.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default5hrtx16zi3u5 , and thank you for providing the crash logs. Unfortunately they don't point us to where the problem is in XD's code, so I would like to know more info. 

Regarding display drivers, can you post the dxdiag.exe tool Display tab output?

Regarding Windows version: can you provide the winver.exe output?

You're mentioning two scenarios where XD crashes: resize (maximize or not) and save (either local or cloud).

Can you provide 1 full crash dump for each of them? 

Last but not least, a crash dump with Dump with type : 2 (full dump) as detailed here would be of more help for us https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps (The output file should be fairly larger).

Thank you,

-

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi default5hrtx16zi3u5,

Hope you're staying well. 🙂

It's been a while we haven't heard back from you. Would you mind telling us if the issue has been resolved? Please feel free to update the discussion so that we can close your bug. If possible, please share the information asked by Vlad G. 
so that our team can work on your issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a windows problem. I don't have any issues with Adobe XD.  It is an awesome product and very usable. 

Adobe XD is far from garbage. It's a very innovative and useful application once you understand how to use it properly here's a tutorial to help you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihTerG3hA4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you don't understand. 

How can you teach someone how to drive a car if each time when you start the car the engine blows?

Belive me, I saw some tutorial and tought it may be a worth to try and maybe to introduce the XD tool into workflow in my company. But sadly this tool is so unstable and so unusable for now.

If it is a Windows problem there shall be some workaround or fix. We are not talking about one not working feature of XD, we are talking about completely not working app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need the version of XD and OS along with the system logs https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/in/xd/kb/how-to-collect-crash-logs.ug.html and crash dump https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html 

Once you have enabled the crash dump, please wait for the application to crash, once it crashes please collect system logs and the crash dump.  

Please add both the logs files to a shared drive like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rishabh, wake up 🙂

Did you read this whole thread? I created it and all the logs are already on Adobe side. Please, take a look and push the corrective actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines