• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom-in Zoom-out keyboard shortcut's don't work properly in today's update.(39.0.12)

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I hope this bug will be solved soon because it is really annoying.

Win10

XD version:

Expected behaviour:
Ctrl + Space for zoom-in
Ctrl + Alt + Space for zoom-out
(Any key can be pressed first. Key order doesn't change the behaviour. Such as all other CC apps and also such as old versions of XD)

Currently:
For zoom-in, you have to press the "Ctrl" key first.

Otherwise, if you press the "space" key first, the cursor stands still on the hand prop.

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Hiya,

I've checked the latest version which deployed today (40.0.22.12) and it looks like the issue is solved.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We understand your concern. The team is aware of the issue and is working on it. You will definitely see the improvements in the future release of XD. We are already having a similar discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/zoom-in-zoom-out-keyboard-shortcut-s-don-t-work-properly-in-...

We would request you to please join the discussion.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this problem with 39.0.12 in Windows.
It has made XD impossible to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using XD v.39.0.12 on Windows and since the last update I have found that the keyboard shortcut for zooming in and out (ctrl + mouse scroll) fails intermittently. When it fails, the screen pans up and down while holding ctrl and using the scroll wheel rather than zooming in/out.

To correct this I need to click the 'Select' icon at the top of the left sidebar (even though it's already active) and then try again. This workaround usually works but it is frustrating to have to keep doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand your concern. There is already an active conversation going on here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/zoom-in-zoom-out-keyboard-shortcut-s-don-t-work-properly-in-...

The team is actively working on the issue and you'll definitely see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on the same OS and XD version.

Win10 + XD 39.0.12.12
Shortcuts between Ctrl, Alt and Space (for zooming in/out or moving trough the spacework) don't shift properly.

It happens after the last upgrade.

Ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the problem seem fixed by upgrading to v 40.0.22.12 today.

It's been a rough few weeks, lol.

Ty all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation that the issue is fixed with the latest release. Please let us know if you face any trouble in the future. We would be happy to help.

We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how a bug so basic can be shipped in an update. Doesn't Adobe test anything? They would have noticed it right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been two weeks, and this bug STILL hasn't been fixed.  The hotkeys not working properly disrupts the workflow so much.  It's ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I updated is that I was hoping Adobe would fix another longtime bug (the textbox/text not working after a little while), and of course they didn't fix that.  Instead, they introduced this zoom hotkey bug, which is even WORSE.

Lesson learned here: DON'T UPDATE to later versions if you're comfortable with how your older version is working out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this version,

while moving in with in the xd file with the help of spacebar and mouse works fine, 

however while moving with spacebar and zoom in/out with alt+mouse scroll freeze after every two repetation.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting the issue. I did see issues reported for zoom in/out shortcuts not working fine as mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/zoom-in-zoom-out-keyboard-shortcut-s-don-t-work-properly-in-...

I am not able to reproduce the freeze using Alt + Mouse scroll. It works fine at my end on a windows machine. Is it possible for you to record a video for better understanding.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows using the latest version 39.0.12 of Adobe XD.

Spacebar to pan / control+space to zoom in / control + alt + spacebar to zoom out.
Are all quite unresponsive.

XD fails to quickly change to between the desired keyboard shortcuts, making navigating a document slow and rendering XD unusable.

I have no memory or storage issues, I have restarted my PC.

The only fix was reverting back to 38.1.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a discussion about this issue, add your comment there so may be they will fix it sooner Solved: Zoom-in Zoom-out keyboard shortcut's don't work pr... - Adobe Support Community - 11965766

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it's fixed on version 40! Thank god!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the confirmation and we really appreciate your patience. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines