[Design]-Unable to drag and drop images into Adobe XD on Windows machine.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Support,

I've been working with our IT department because my Adobe XD software doesn't allow me to drag and drop images into Adobe XD. I have to manually import them and then mask the images with shapes. I have been following your support forums, and we updated the GPU on my laptop and we're still running into issues. I am receiving a canceled symbol when trying to drag the images into XD. I am running Adobe XD on Windows 10. I can provide any specs you need to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Rosendo Figueroa

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

4 Correct Answers

Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2020
AshrafGous1707 Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2020
Thank you, For your information I resolved myself by Installing New OS on my pc

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2018
martink26718342 Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2018
IFor those who are under some domain rules in corporate environment, I open regedit and here:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Systemchange EnableLUA to 1 … after restart I can drag and drop between Windows Universal Apps. But after another restart my domain overwrite this and have to do it again.So better ask your admins to solve this for you on domain server side – I am not that lucky.M.

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 01, 2018
gennady New Here , Mar 01, 2018
I fixed the same issue on my PC. This is the instruction (tested on Win10):1. Open start menu and type in search field "Control panel". You need classic view.2. Switch view to "Small icons" using "View by: Category" selector in the top right corner.3. Go to "User accounts"4. In pop-up select "Change user account control settings"5. Set value as shown below and click "Ok"6. Restart Windows and enjoy.

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 02, 2017
martink26718342 Community Beginner , Oct 02, 2017
Hi,I also had this issue and it's looks like more of W10 related problem. Fortunately this solution helped for me:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system hope it helps. Martin

Translate

Translate
138 Replies 138
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to this. I also facing that issue, and UAC permissions is the fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you done with UAC permission please tell me because i have same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have sent you a private message. Could you please check and confirm if the provided solution helped?

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

win+r, whrite: regedit -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Trace the EnableLUA key

Right-click EnableLUA and select Modify

Change the value from 1 to 0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 1 month ago I started having this issue not being able to drag any image including SVG to Adobe XD. It used to work like a charm. I started having this problem after the latest Windows Update and/or latest XD update. I tried so many things as explained in this forum to no avail. Without being able to drag an image or sequence of images renders XD as useless. While I can import an image, I just cannot drag it to a box and it will fit automatically according to the size of the box. What has gone wrong?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ahmedob,

Sorry that you are unable to drag images to the objects, could you please update to the latest version Adobe XD 14 and share the update. Here are the steps to update the apps: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did updating to the latest version help, or do you still need assistance?

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul and Preran,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response as I was traveling.

Atul, your suggestion did not work as I always update to the latest version anyway. I do not have a problem with dragging and dropping images to Photoshop or other tools. I only have the issue with XD. I even rolled back to a previous version of XD to no avail. I uninstall it and uninstall it again, and the same problem. Mind you, this is only happening on my Dell XPS 15" with Intel and Nvidia GPU. I tried other suggestions in this forum and other places. I wonder why.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! When you update your graphics drivers, do you do so through Windows, or do you do so through NVIDIA's site? The reason I ask is that the graphics drivers issued through Windows tend to be fairly generic, so you should update through nvidia.com instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

73/5000 thank you very much after making the key change it worked i love you dude kk ♥

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated via Nvidia website. And I have the latest drivers. Below is a screenshot. I am quite disappointed with this issue. It almost renders XD useless to me.

nvidea driver sceenshot.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally managed to fix the issue.

I followed this tutorial.

HOW TO FIX DRAG & DROP ERROR/BUG (JUNE 2017) - Photoshop CS6 - YouTube

Although It was for Photoshop fix which I did not have this problem with it, I decided to try it. What I did that made it work, is the final step, instead of having it 0 as was told to, I did change it to 1. Basically, the opposite of what I was asked to do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem ? Please help me . My version windows 10 enterspire LTSC 64 bit build 17763 , and newest version Adobe XD .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buddy I made the key change as Ahmedov indicated and went back to work (HOW TO FIX DRAG & DROP ERROR/BUG (JUNE 2017) - Photoshop CS6 - YouTube)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, just updated my copy of xd but the drag and drop functionality is not more working have uninstalled it and reinstall it but still not working !!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Konwol78086418,

Sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused to you. Could you please share some more details about the situation? I would like to know where are you dropping the elements? Could you please share a gif or a video of a workflow?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, not sure what's happening on your computer. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end. If you have access to another computer, can you check and let us know if you are able to reproduce the issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Preran has suggested, could you please create/select any other shape and choose any other picture and check if you are able to drag it into Adobe XD?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything that i used drag and drop do not work, this happend when i did the latest update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any bug related to this issue. Can you check if the graphic drivers on your device are updated by visiting the manufacturer's site? Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Konwol,

Here is what you may try.

1. Use run command: "regedit"

2. Search for the following key and change the value as mentioned below.

• Location: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
  • Key: "EnableLUA"=dword:00000001

Editing registry keys can affect the functionality of the computer. If you are not comfortable doing this procedure, I would request you to get in touch with our support to for 1:1 support on this issue. I would request you to use this link to contact support: - Contact Customer Care.

Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also facing the same problem. Only Tap option is there.

Please find below screenshot:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now i've updated the version and its coming now.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the new version , I have the same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines