Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing gradient control handles on custom shape

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.png

Creating a custom shape with the pen tool and applying gradient. Seems like it is missing control handles.2.png

But it works just fine on any other rectangle, circle, triangle, etc.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Hi Graphict,

Thank you for reaching out, we are aware of this issue and the team is already working on it. As a workaround, you may import/export paths from Illustrator with the desired gradient. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

I found a solution to this problem. 
Move the Gradient Fill into the group. It works if you have a group of groups and put it in this group or if you put it in the individual group just below your path and stroke. 
Tada! Handles suddenly appear. 
Hope that helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavlito,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear that you're having trouble using gradient inside a path. This is a known bug and the team is already working on it. You will definitely see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.58.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graphict,

Thank you for reaching out, we are aware of this issue and the team is already working on it. As a workaround, you may import/export paths from Illustrator with the desired gradient. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are we expecting this to be fixed? Gradient controller doesn't show on mine. I also tried exporting path from AI and still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't give an estimate as to when the bug will be fixed, but it's definitely on our radar. We'll make sure to update this thread when we get this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has existed for a long time, please fix it as soon as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have still the bug

is very hard to work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a possible workaround you can create a rectangle, adjust the gradient and mask it with your custom shape. Adobe please fix this soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

xd linear gradient issue not fixed yet. i can't give proper gradient in custom shapes.

please check the attached video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm your bug. The workaround is to create regular shape and then create a custom shape from that regular shape. I try that and gradient widget appears on right place. That is not a solution , but it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aneesh,

We are sorry for the delay in response. It looks like you are experiencing a similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/missing-gradient-control-handles-on-custom-shape/m-p/1168910...? If so, then the team is already aware of the issue and almost ready with the fix. You will definitely see the improvements in the future releases of XD. In the meantime, I would suggest trying the workaround suggested by Ares or on the correct answer of the above post shared.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TWO YEARS LATER... 🦗

How long does it take to fix a stupid bug like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently over 3 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me is closing Ae, or reopening the comp ("File - Open Recent") and making a new layer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to this problem. 
Move the Gradient Fill into the group. It works if you have a group of groups and put it in this group or if you put it in the individual group just below your path and stroke. 
Tada! Handles suddenly appear. 
Hope that helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! This worked perfect for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines