• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview is not updating

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recent update the AE Beta is noticably less responsive and hard to work with.

While jumping frame by frame or by changing the effects on the layer, the preview stays frozen with no indicator that the AE is rendering a frame. To see the updated frame I have to move the time scrubber by hand.

Also the composition names don't change while moving from comp to comp.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous Betas had none of those issues while working on the same machine on the same projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wanted to add that up until newest version the Beta was working really flawlessly and the performance on my M1 MBP was really amazing! If there would be a way to go back to a previous version of the beta it would be really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @coolguy2020,

Thank you very much for making this report. Do you remember which Beta build you had been using previously and which one you are using now?

Additionally, did you also update macOS or only After Effects (Beta)?

Thanks again for reporting and for any additional information,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, thank you for your reply!

I didn't update the OSX, I'm still using OSX 12.2. 

I'm not sure which beta I had before but I was updating it rather regularly.

Right now I'm on v 22.3.0.62 (2022-02-14).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Main issues I'm experiencing are:

- preview frozen / not updating after changing parameters, effects, soloing layer etc. Preview is still stuck while using cmd+left/right arrow to change the frame, only thing that unfreezes it is manually grabbing the scrubber and changing the frame.

- The comp list visible in the top left corner of this screenshot is also stuck while changing the comps.CleanShot 2022-02-15 at 19.47.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried importing the project to a new one and for a while I thought the issues were gone, but unfortunately they are still there.

New issue I noticed is that while moving the layer using the position slider in the layer controls, the preview stays frozen but the wireframes are updating. 

I'm sorry for not providing the project files or more screenshots but unfortunately I can't publicly share those files/images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved back to working on the same project file using current realease of AE (v 22.2) and none of the issues I described before are happening, so I guess this rules out the possibility of corrupted file. The general performance is unfortunetly slower but it has to do for now.

One more issue to add to the previous list is while working in beta the undo / redo shortcuts are not updating the preview.

For a while I thought this might be due to heavy and cluttered compositions which take time to render and show up in preview, but the regular AE working under Rosetta is dealing OK with most of the tasks that made the Beta freeze the preview so I think this also rules out the possiblity of too heavy scenes / comps.

And lastly - sorry for spaming this thread, I really appreacieate all the work you put into this software. I just wanted to provide as much information as I can. If there is something else I could provide let me know 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @coolguy2020,

All of this info is highly, highly appreciated, so thank you for providing it. We are investigating to find what might have caused this performance slowdown. If possible, a screen recording would also helpful so that we can demonstrate what kind of behavior we are looking for.

Thanks again for helping us track this down,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources