• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Focus: New After Effects Spectrum UI & Windows UI Performance Improvements

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, we’re proud to announce a new look for After Effects in Beta!
AE24_4_20_SpectrumUI_DarkestLow.png

As of Beta Version 24.4 build 20 — available today — After Effects is themed and styled using Adobe’s Spectrum design with a new modern look across the entire app.
AE24_4_20_AppearancePrefs.png

After Effects Beta now ships with three different themes: Darkest, Dark and Light. There’s also a new toggle for switching between a high-contrast mode for easier visibility and accessibility or a low-contrast mode for focusing on your content.
AE24_4_20_SpectrumUI_LightHigh.png

Additionally, we’re also shipping GPU-accelerated UI performance improvements on Windows computers. This improvement may be most noticeable in timeline interaction, comp overlay drawing, and on multiple monitors. 

This is a beta release with additional fixes and changes rolling out in the coming weeks. Please let us know if you encounter any issues — particularly with specific GPUs — or have suggestions. Feedback from our beta community is appreciated and essential for building better and stronger versions of After Effects. We’re so excited for you to try the After Effects Beta and can’t wait to hear what you think!

Known issues:
Users with some older Intel Integrated GPUs may experience some instability with our updated overlay — work is in progress on this, and we will update when this is fixed. If you experience any instability, please let us know. 

We have done testing with ScriptUI but can't anticipate every third party script out there, please let us know if there are scripts that are not working. In some cases, the script developer may need to update their script. 

We have tracked down an issue with some third-party scripts that use png files on Windows that causes an "Unexpected Data Type" error. We are currently investigating. 
If you delete the ModifiedWorkspaces and OriginalUserWorkspaces folders in the preferences to reset the workspaces, you should be able to open After Effects (Beta) without encountering the error. If you then open third-party panels one at a time, you will be able to determine which one(s) are causing the error, which should allow you to continue using the Beta.
Update: this issue has been fixed in build 28.

We have also fixed an issue with single character buttons not rendering the character.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tsuku_si We have reached out to the developer of Sweet to see if we can get a repro scenario to help resolve this issue. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both AE and PPro, I used to open the console, find the UI font size setting, and set it to something a bit larger to make everything easier to read on my 32" 4K monitor. That font size thing has now gone away from the console; will it ever return - or might we be getting something in the prefs to set UI font size maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please dont remove the Enable_Theme_Colorizing true from debug database view in console. i like the colorful ui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@The37784462b4hm  I enabled "Enable_Theme_Colorizing" but nothing changed - I assume that should make the "change highlight colour" box appear in the Prefs > Appearance? I haven't seen that box for years, and it does not appear if I set Enable_Theme_Colorizing to "true". If I recall correctly, there used to be something somewhere in the prefs file which cold maybe be edited to change that highlight colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The weird look of Ray Dynamic Color is no longer an issue, because if I try to create a new colour palette (by clicking the + icon) AE hangs completely, and a force-quit is required. The authors of the plug-in know about this, but seem to be hoping that Adobe will fix/change whatever causes the issue: https://aescripts.com/ray-dynamic-color/ (look in the Comments tab)

hellopaul4_0-1718016490316.png

So Ray Dynamic Color is completely dead...at least for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hellopaul4,

We've been in touch with the authors of Ray Dynamic Color and are investigating the bug causing the script to hang.

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there plans for the right click menu to respect the OS theme color? thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources