• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-Frame Rendering crash

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While rendering with Multi-Frame rendering on imac pro 2017, after effects crashes without saving. This happens pretty much all the time. I like the speed but I always have to keep an eye out in case after effects crashes without me knowing.

Specs:
2.3 GHz 18-Core Intel Xeon W

Memory 128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 64X 16 GB

TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Error , Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And AE doesn't crash with MFR off? All comps or specific comps? Which beta build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue on Windows. AE will take up all the memory I have (even though I have only allocated half my memory), black screen, then crash and ultimately I need to do a hard reset on my computer. The only way to avoid it seems to be turning off MFR.

Specs:
3.8 GHz AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x 24-core
256 GB 3334 MHz DDR4
2x Nvidia RTX 3090

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really strange. Any chance you're able to package up a project that causes this to happen and send it to us? (mfrbeta@adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the crashing may have to do with using EXR image sequeneces. Perhaps AE needs to cache more than the allocated amount since EXRs are such heavy files? I converted my EXR image sequences to Tiffs, turned MFR back on and didn't have any crashing and AE didn't allocate more memory than the amount I had set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, are the EXRs larger than the comp size? There has been a bug with that causing AE to crash, though it should now have been fixed in the most recent beta build and will be in the next public AE build in mid-December. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having major problems with MFR while compositing multi-layer .EXR files as well. It works perfectly when I use AE 2021 but once I try to preview using AE2022 I get constant crashes with the window saying After Effects has encountered a problem.

This needs to be fixed ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of AE are you using? Is it just a particular set of exr files or all? If you turn off MFR, does AE still crash? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. It is with ALL .exr files layered in the comp. I have this problem using AE 2022.2.1 and I have had the problem since the new release. Here are my system specs:

Threadripper 3960x (24 core)

64 GB 3200mhz ddr4

RTX 3090 (x2)

Msi Creator TRx40

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new release, as in October 2021 when we shipped MFR or 22.2.1 which came out Monday? I'll see if I can find the crashes in our system to see what might be going on. I don't know of any other reports like this though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No crashes that I can see under your email associated with this account. When the crash happens, are you getting a Crash dialog that you can submit? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Acutally it might be using my other email address info@iahdigital.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped, found the crash. Any chance you can share the exr files with us so we can attempt to reproduce in house? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the problem in every version of AE 2022 using MFR. I have sent in various reports when it crashed describing the problem. AE also really really really needs an integrated OCIO Aces colour space management. Right now we have to use a third party plugin. It would be amazing if this was integrated like in NukeX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"integrated OCIO Aces colour space management"... it would be good... 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on an M1 and I've just turned MFR off. I haven't done extensive testing yet but for now AE seems to run faster with it off anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources