• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Tracker stopped solving (tracking)

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug, but when I installed Mt Mograph Motion-4's plugin, my camera tracker STOPPED working.

My system is:  iMacPro 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W, 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4, on OS Ventura 13.0.1

Before this install, it worked and now it doesn't. I have unistalled and reinstalled both AE and Motion-4 - but still there is 'no depth from a tripod pan solve' after running the tracker.

Other attempts to solve this have been: Purging the all memory & disc cache, clean database & cache

I have attached the clip I'm trying to track and screen shots of two points in the AE Project timeline. Would love to be able to use the Camera Tracker in this workstation again...

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug, but when I installed Mt Mograph Motion-4's plugin, my camera tracker STOPPED working.

My system is:  iMacPro 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W, 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4, on OS Ventura 13.0.1

Before this install, it worked and now it doesn't. I have unistalled and reinstalled both AE and Motion-4 - but still there is 'no depth from a tripod pan solve' after running the tracker.

Other attempts to solve this have been: Purging the all memory & disc cache, clean database & cache

I have attached the clip I'm trying to track and screen shots of three points in the AE Project timeline. Would love to be able to use the Camera Tracker in this workstation again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging the duplicate threads.

Best,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tripod pans have no depth information because there is no parallax change in a tripod pan. Even more sophisticated trackers have problems with tripod pans and 3D depth because there is nothing to calculate any camera movement. 

In many cases, if you have a simple tripod pan or tilt, tracking a surface in Mocha AE is the simplest workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a tripod pan. This is a drone shot. I am able to track this shot successfully on my MacBook Pro, not on my iMac Pro (now that I installed the Mt Mograph Motion-4's plugin); but I was able to do so before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If installing something fouled up tracking, then you either have to uninstall it, re-install AE, roll back a version, or try for a newer version of the plug-in. It is quite possible that the 3rd party plug-in is fouling up the system because of the M1 or M2 compatibility problems that plague a lot of 3rd party developers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AE without the plugin, but have not yet been abkle to 'reclaim' the functionality of my Camera Tracker...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any further thoughts on a solve for this problem? I'm flumuxed as to how to solve this, and hate having to 'outsource' the camera solve from my macbook to my imac pro.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this. Marilys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines