Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Copilot Saber - vertical line banding showing up

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I'm currently running AE v23.2.1, (build 3) and have downloaded the most current version of VC Saber available from their sight (Jan 2023).

My issue is this: In some scenes, I am seeings vertical banding lines being rendered when the saber plugin is turned on. I have not been able to replicate the issue continuously. It only shows up occationally. I have attached a screen shots for reference:
Original

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 4.22.47 PM.png

Saber banding

Screen_Shot_2023-03-04_at_4.22.33_PM.jpg

I've changed every option I can think of in Saber, but nothing works to remove it. My only option is to restart the AE file from the beginning which is not a resonable option at all. The first time I noticed this happeneing was in Nov 2022. I thought it had something to do with the footage being too bright and that was somehow causing Saber to blow out the screen causing the banding, but this current scene I am working on is conciderably darker.

Has anyone else encoutered this issue?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Compositing and VFX , Performance , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check to make sure that the project is sent to 16 or 32 bit color depth. If you are getting banding when you render to an MP4 try adding a little grain or noise to the entire comp.

If the banding is just in the display, then it might be your system.

Without a screenshot showing the modified properties of the Saber layer it's impossible for me to recreate the same look and check it on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate