• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Camera Tracker Analysis solve failed, Help.

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to AE so forgive me for my lack of knowledge. I've been trying to add 3D text in one of my shots but I keep getting ''Analysis solve failed''. I am trying to add the effect in this single shot I have cut out of the original clip instead of adding the whole video in AE and trimming. Please let me know if I'm wrong for doing this. The shot I want to use is 3840x2160, 0;00;01;17,  29.97 fps. It's a well lit empty room with one person walking passed the camera as the camera slightly pans to the side following the guy. My hope is to get the 3D text to appear on the wall as he passes the camera. Any help!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all shots can be camera-tracked. There needs to be a lot of detail in a lot of fixed geometry in the shot. Fixed geometry means things that don't move. If it is just a camera pan, then you will not get any usable depth information.

For the kind of a shot you describe, the best tool by far is Mocha AE. Run a corner pin track, then use that to position a pre-composed text layer. This link will take you to just about everything you need to know about using Mocha AE.

In the future, please embed screenshots of your UI with the modified properties of the problem layer showing. Select the problem layer, press 'uu' and take a screenshot of the whole thing, then embed it* so we can see what you are dealing with.

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with Rick. "Empty room" easily implies all plain walls with no features on them to determine parallax and solve the camera. Other tracking methods may be more appropriate as may be adding tracking markers and such.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines