Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D camera tracker not working

New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All! 

I've recently ran into an issue that is quite frustrating. Any insight would be much appreciated! 

Issue: The 3D camera tracker is not working as expected. After its analysis process, it simply does not display any of the track points. Additionally, it's having difficulty analyzing clips in detail. (A hard time tacking floor and wall surfaces but has many track points on trees.) 

Context: I regularly use this feature of after effects but I noticed the issue happening after the more recent update. The only way I am able to view the track points is when I click the "Render Track Points" option in the effect options. With that said, these are unclickable or useable points. They are just juxtaposed on top of the clip. I have read many threads and have attempted their solutions. Nothing has worked yet. Below is everything I have tried so far. 

Troubleshooting Attempts: 

• Confirmed the "Show Layer Controls" option is enabled 
  • Confirmed the 3D view is set to "Active Camera" 
  • Confirmed that the analysis process is fully completed (Analyze is greyed out)
  • Attempted "Detailed Analysis" but it actually reduced the number of track points significantly
  • Tried setting the Show Track Points to "2D Source" 
  • Tested different footage to see if the issue continued. It did. 
  • Downloaded stock footage and had the same issue
  • Reset my AE preferences
  • No errors are popping up

Thanks in advance to anyone who can try and help. Let me know if you need any screenshots. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen recording of the issue.  It's behaving itself for me at the moment.  Just to check, after its solve, do you have the effect selected in the effects control panel?  Otherwise the only way to see the points is if you choose Render Points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you increase the Track Point Size to four or five-hundred percent in the 3D Camera Tracker UI and still cannot see them, or if the Average Error in the Advanced section is high, or if you check Detailed Analysis and you still cannot see any track points, the shot may not have enough fixed geometry with sufficient detail to generate a camera track. You don't always get a Camera Analysis Failed message.  It is also possible to get tracking on moving objects in the shot. Everything looks normal, but you don't really get an accurate camera track.

I did run into a display problem with the latest 23.4. After fiddling with the track a few times, I had to delete the tracker and start again to get the trackers back. You may be experiencing the same bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines