Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D rotation is not working properly

Engaged ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been trying to achieve a perfect 90-degree rotation into the X-axis. But the more am trying the more I observed that may be my 3D rotation is slightly slanted. Is it me or AE made in that way I do not know.

Is it me only?

In one point perspective when I rotate something 90 degrees it must vanish in a horizontal line. right? The math says that. It will not vanish if the angle is slanted from your perspective (eye length). So as my 90-degree rotation is not vanishing into the 

x-axis how can I fix this? I need to rotate it 93 degrees to vanish it properly. But I want it to vanish in 90 degree.

Plz help.

When I rotate it takes 93 degree to vanishWhen I rotate it takes 93 degree to vanishMy tutor's rotation in 90 degreeMy tutor's rotation in 90 degree

Screenshot_6.jpg

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

AE uses a real spherical pinhole camera, not a simplified central projection. That's why it does what it does. Other than in the center of the imaginary "lens" it will always require different values than 90 degrees to make suff "disappear" when it's viewed from the edge. Anyway, since this is is hard to pin down, most people will simply add an ever so tiny fade-in to the animation, be it jusat two or three frames long.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE uses a real spherical pinhole camera, not a simplified central projection. That's why it does what it does. Other than in the center of the imaginary "lens" it will always require different values than 90 degrees to make suff "disappear" when it's viewed from the edge. Anyway, since this is is hard to pin down, most people will simply add an ever so tiny fade-in to the animation, be it jusat two or three frames long.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines