• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(86::1) After Effects Error please help!!

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello  im having trouble with after effects, recently updated to the lates creative cloud and all the other programs run just fine. When it comes to AE 2020 im not able to import a single video or open any existing projects that contain any .mp4 files. "After Effects error (86::1) This 'mp4' file is damaged or unsupported" I have updated my video drivers but the problem seems to be AE. I'm runnig  NDIVIA GTX 1060 Interl(R) Core(MT) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 16GBRam and it's a MSI gs65. Hopefully you can help me, I don't know what else to do.   Thank you in advanced!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue. We've observed this issue with other users as well and we're working on it. Please check the following article for more information on this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unable-to-import-h-264-h-265-files-after-updating-to-after-effects-17-0-5/td-p/10997790?page=1

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue. We've observed this issue with other users as well and we're working on it. Please check the following article for more information on this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unable-to-import-h-264-h-265-files-after-updating-to-af...

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your quick response Nishu, the only logical solution at the moment is to install an older version of After Effects such 17.0.4 unfortunately i do not have that option availabe on my creative cloud, im only given the option of installing 17.0.5 any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. What do you get when you click Other versions? You can try signing out of the Creative Cloud desktop app and sign in again.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is 12/10/2022 and this and other issues still persist. What are we mere mortals that contiue to pay our dues to think and or do with our products that continue to fail us us years later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not ideal, @phils22778228 . Sorry to hear that.

What's the exact version of After Effects you're using? Are you getting the same error message as mentioned in the thread description by the original poster? Do you mind sharing a screenshot?

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use AE

the erro is:

After Effects

After Effects can't continue:Licensing Error:

Your subscription entitles you to Chinese Simplified product

versions. Please verify the language settings in your OS, browser and software download are set to Chinese Simplified. If you continue to have installation issues, please contact support{www.adobe.com/go/support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried downloading and reinstalling many times and this has been a problem for a long time and I haven't been able to use AE

Even if I reset English or Japanese. I can't even open AE maybe I installed the Chinese one by mistake once but I can't open it and since then I can't even open it to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this "issue," which is ongoing for a few years (read the complaints and dates).  First, check the properties of the mp4 and note the frame width, height, and data rate; you will need these in the settings of the next step.  I used Quicktime Player Pro to export the "corrupt" mp4 file to Movie to MPEG-4, with options setting to MPEG-4 Improved (NOT H264).  Worked like a charm! I have not tried Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had u tried it on 2020 ae

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines