Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects Black Screen

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I know there is a conversation about this, but none of the solutions helped me yet.

I have permament black screen in Adobe After Effects, no matter what I do, tried to Purge the disk, reinstall, nearly everything but the black screen keeps punishing me.

I want to mention that the black screen not showing always. It's like videodependent, cuz I want to edit a video, I get a black screen, but if I import another video, I don't see black screen.I thought that it's something with the Composition settings that the resolution if smaller then the imported video's resolution, but I was wrong.

Thank you guys for helping me.

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess would be to update your GPU driver. Or if you recently did and the problem started, then to roll back a version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated but the problem appeared before updating the driver. But I have a guess and I will check something when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea that what I thought. My composition settings were different than the actual video I imported. The video I imported was 2560x1440 (2K), so that's why my preview was full black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines