Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe Immersive Environment button gone in 2021; Where was it moved?

Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys cleaned up the composition toolbar in version 18, and removed "controls with low usage such as Adobe Immersive Environment"

Where are those controls now, then? I need to change the Adobe Immersive Environment view to180° Stereoscopic SBS so I can view it in VR through my HMD properly

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe. What is going on? Do you plan to fix this? Or is the button hidden somewhere. This breaks Adobe Immersive Enviornment inside After Effects. You need to fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I need to change the the projection of a 360 video from flat to Over Under and the icon is missing and can't find any place to adjust this setting. Rolling back to AE 17.7 until this issue is resoved.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... I'm in a project right now.. and it so difficult to explain to the agency that the button has disappeared... The goggles VR icon was removed... the last FAQ over the adobe site https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/immersive-video-VR.html was updated Apr 27, 2021 and the icon was showed there. 

But not at the current After Effects, last update.

SO, WHAT CAN I DO TO SEE THIS ICON, AND CHOOSE THE VIEWING OPTION?

when i put the HDM (Head mounted display - OCULUS RIFT CV1) what i see is a plan layer with the video. Reading the help at Adobe Support, i can see this being o theater mode (rectilinear). 

----Theater Mode (Rectilinear): Previews the composition as a flat rectangle in an empty room, simulating the view of looking at a movie screen. ----

PLEASE.. HELP.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, what the hell Adobe????? You literally moved 4 icons from the composition panel bar to the composition panel menu, and you lost 1 of the 4 along the way - one that actually was a submenu of 6 options so you basicaly lost 6 UI items while moving 9!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree here - we need the ability to change the AIE viewing modes in the settings somewhere. Rebooting some VR post work over here, and while I have every other plugin supported on AE 2021, I can't preview any work in the HMD without rendering and porting to Premiere or another player. 

Please add this functionality back in. 

Rolling back to 17.7 as others have mentioned, and rolling Mocha back as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines