• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Lightning offsets the Origin and Direction when there is a layer over it

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've animated Advanced Lightning Origin and Direction and everything works fine, but if I move an existing layer or create a new layer over the Advanced Lightning layer, the Origin and Direction are displaced. If I move the other layer down again, everything comes back to normal.

I've created Advanced Lighting in a black Solid layer in AE 2023. This problem didn't happen in versions 2022 and CS6.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Care to provide some screenshots, including the timeline and effect settings along with soem system info? Sounds highly unusual.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshots are like I've explained, If the Advanced Lightning is on top, everything works as expected. If there is another layer over them, they become a mess.
To avoid this problem, I have to convert them as a Pre-Comp layerExpectation.jpgReality.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really weird, in particular since it only happens with a layer on top. Unless you've defined an obstacle layer, this should not even happen. I'd consider it as a bug.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No doubt it's a bug, since it doesn't happen in previous versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines