Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2019-11-25 at 11.14.19.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the After Effects forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem with a MacBook Pro (16 inch-2019).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue, but its intermittent which is more frustrating, when I export it or dynamic link it to premerie it renders perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the Video Rendering and Effects from Mercury GPU Acceleration (Metal) to Mercury Software Only from the Project Settings. Project settings can be accessed from the File menu. 

Also, check the System Compatibility Report under the Help menu.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the first thing I tried. Nothing changed. Rolled back to CC2019 on both Premiere and AE, and just accepted that Adobe release beta versions now (but still charge you the full whack).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Is 2019 working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I've been using 2019. No major issues so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This suggestion to switch to mercury software only worked for my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. seems to be an incompatibility with some of the new cards. I was on the phone with adobe for an hour the day i got this machine, the verdictfrom the tech on the call was:  'use AE2019 for now, call AMD about updated drivers'. !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, turning on 'Show Rulers' in AE2020 will fix this problem. Which makes me think it' not a driver issue at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that works, Also if you resize the window I noticed it would fix it. You have to find a certain breakpoint in the window where it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip! It works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate you just saved me an hour of messing around downgrading to AE2019, thank you! Also running a maxed out 16-inch MBP.

Adobe's quality slide continues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude, thanks a lot for saving a lot of hours! It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro I am so sorry you spent all that time on the phone.  I am stubborn and spent like 3 hours of messing around trying to get after effects working on my 16in macbook.  Also this dam thread does not show up anywhere when googling the proper things such as "after effects glitching when import any media to composition"...   I finally decided after trying about 20 things to go back to old version of after effects and it works no problems.  

When issuse like this exist adobe should send out an email to save people like us hours of our lives.  I was so worried I got a bunk GPU on my brand new laptop.  So happy this is not the case and apples production quiality is not the issue, adobe's is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now fixed in version 17.0.1! A fix for premiere is next I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience. As mentioned by @john, Adobe After Effects has released a patch update which provide a fix for the preview issues on 16" MacBook Pro. For more information, please check https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this isnt fixed. Been using AE native effects like glow and still ahving these issues. please help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to be fixed.

16" MacBook Pro
After Effects 17.01

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2

Simple native box blur shows up as stripes. Not just preview, renders this way too.

After Effects display glitch on MacBook Pro 16"After Effects display glitch on MacBook Pro 16"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to the previous version of After Effects (16.1.3) solves the glitch for now.

Hoping an update will fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same display glitch on AE 16.1.3

16" MacBook Pro

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 1.14.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue. February 2020 and still no fix for that. Half of the renders are wasted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, it is impossible to use the box blur effect. Instant glitches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines