• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2022: Composition Window Scrambled when Dynamic Link is Active

Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really have words to describe this, but I'll try anyway. Recently I've noticed that when I have both Premiere and AE open and dynamic link is active (as in, I'm editing an AE comp that's on the Premiere timeline and they're connected through dynamic link), the composition window gets scrambled. Visually, it looks like what happens when a video file gets corrupted somehow (see attached screenshot). It basically makes AE impossible to use. The file itself is fine though because in Premiere it looks exactly the way it should. (Another symptom is that sometimes it basically slows my system to a crawl and makes everything unusable until I force-close After Effects with a handy-dandy batch file I made more or less for just this occasion).

This doesn't happen when AE is just running by itself. I haven't paid attention to what happens when AE is running but isn't using dynamiclink with Premiere.

Help???

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's pretty much self-explanatory: The over-use of hardware-accelerated functions in both programs makes your GPU crap out, probably not helped by a resource-hungry ultra-wide screen. The usual boring troubleshooting steps apply: Check your graphics driver and update it if necessary (or downgrade it for better compatibility), check the relevant hardware acceleration settings in both programs, switch AE to software-only rendering in a pinch. realyl no easy answers here, you need to figure out this stuff and which combo works.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't start happening until the last update. I've used ultrawides for three years now and this has never been an issue until the last month or so, and the timing coincides with Adobe's updates--not nVidia's.

So maybe it's not quite so self-explanatory at all. I can't revert back to CC 2021 because of compatibility problems, which would be the easy answer, so I'm stuck looking for workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also another interesting tidbit: I actually have three versions of AfterEffects on this machine; 2022, 2021, and whichever the last version was that had the raytrace plug-in (want to say AE 2019?)

I just had 2022 open alongside Premiere AND AfterFX 2021.

Only AE2022 had problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi brandonb96942845,

Looks like it's your GPU that's causing this. Would you mind sharing your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? Also, what's the version of the GPU driver that's installed?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines