• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE changing fps when i precomp footage

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded to Adobe After Effects 2022 and I've been having problems when I precomposing my footage. My main composition is 30fps and all my footage is in 23 or 24. Normally when I move it to my main comp and precompose it into a new composition, said new comp keeps the same framerate (30). But recently it's been precomposing to the wrong frame rate. I've tried several different project files and it keeps doing this. Is there any fix? 

I'm on Monterey 12.4, M1 Macbook Pro, and AE 2022 ver, 22.4. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you Pre-compose only a footage layer, the new comp will be the same frame rate as the original footage. It doesn't matter if you move all attributes or not.

If you add any other layer, then the Pre-comp will be the same frame rate as the master comp. 

I am pretty sure it has always been this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm AE 2021, I would precomp footage in my master comp and it would change the frame rate of the newly made footage comp to the master comp. No matter what unless I went in and physically changed it in the settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you only select one footage layer in any timeline and pre-compose that footage layer, the Pre-comp will have the same frame rate as the footage. If you select more than one layer and pre-compose, the Pre-comp will have the same frame rate as the original comp. As far as I can remember, it has always been that way. 

If you are selecting more than one layer and the Pre-comp does not have the same frame rate as the main comp, something is fouled up somewhere. It is not a known bug or new behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines