Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE crashes after batch import of .ai files

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working on aminations using multiple .ai files that I prepare in Illustrator and then batch import them als comps into AE. This always worked well but since the last update of both AE and Illustrator AE crashes whatever I do after the import. If I import them one by one everything is fine so I really wonder what the problem could be.

Illustrator: 25.3.1

AE: 18.2.1

IMac Pro / Big Sur

Thanks

Martin

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without some details, it's hard to say. You can easily put so many paths in an AI. file that After Effects becomes overwhelmed by the total number of different vectors. You have to design with video in mind. 

If that isn't the issue, maybe it has something to do with your system resources. I'm also not 100% clear on what you mean by "bach import." Are you dragging a bunch of AI files into the Project Panel, or are you selecting a bunch of files from the Import Panel, or did you prepare a script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for your reply. What I'm working with are relatively simple vectors with not many layers and in the past there weren't any problems either on the import nor performance wise. Normally I go through the import dialogue, select the files that I need and click on "open". Now the only way to prevent AE to crash is to open one file only, make the necessary adjustments for the composition settings and only than import the next file.

In the meantime I made a test and opened the same project on my Macbook pro that still runs om Big Sur 11.3.1 as opposed to the IMac that runs on 11.4. Here I don't have this issue so it could be related to the OS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Sorry for your issue. Please share the following details so that we can understand what's going on:

• What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM)?
  • Approximately, how many files does it take to crash After Effects? Does it happen if you import more than one file at once?
  • Do you see any crash report or error message?

As basic maintenance, try resetting the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

thanks for reaching out.

The specs are:

iMac Pro 2017 / Big Sur 11.4

3GHZ 10 core Intel Xeon W

64 Gb RAM

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

It happens already if I import two files at the same time. I received a crash report that I sent to Adobe.Do you  know if it's stored somwhere on the iMac?

Best

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

I can try to find the crash report on the server. Could you DM me the email id that you provided while submitting the crash report? Also, did you try clearing the media cache and resetting the prefrences?

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu,

sorry for the late answer. I cleaned the media cache and resetted the preferences and it seems that it did the job - thanks!

I still get the "internal verification failure, sorry (no current context!)" message whenever I open a project.

Any idea why?

Best

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines