• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CS6 on Mac OS High Sierra

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've wiped my computer and had to re-install my CS6 package. This is the second time I've done this, and had AE issues. Last time, I was directed to a page with download links, is there a new download patch I have to use for Mac OS High Sierra? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but CS6 WILL NOT run on High Sierra.  No plans to make AE run on it, either.  Time for Plan B, probably an earlier Mac OS.

The patch to which you refer is probably 11.0.4, which is great to have but won't help with High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very late to the fray; I add this info for any who arrive here as it was rather baffling to discover false information on such an authoritative site/forum.

Folk who are shy of coughing up to adobe into their dotage simply need to update AE to 11.04 via patch that was mentioned from http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/aftereffects/mac/11.x/AfterEffectsTrial-11.0.4-mul-AdobeUpdate.d...

Then AE 11.04 CS6 software seems to work fine on my Mac10.13.6

cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed this instruction and actually surprisingly work!!

Don't be discouraged by the white stop sign on After Effects CS6 after the installation of the patch. I restarted my computer, then can open After Effects!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! You are a good soul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even if it work on some OS you will still face some issue with AE cs6, like renaming the assets and other bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did fix the issue for me (running it on High Sierra) Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just here in 2024 to say that this still worked for me as well, Adobe After Effects CS6 now works fine on my early 2011 Macbook Pro running High Sierra with the 11.04 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  This worked for me... Mojave.  All apps in Master Collection work.  After Effects and Acrobat X Pro were the only 2 that needed updating.  I renamed the original Acrobat folder and installed the CS6 version from here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html. The original install would only load for 15 seconds and then crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Sierra also broke Apple's own legacy software, Final Cut Pro 7 and associated applications.

Significant changes is this OS mean that older video software which isn't being patched just won't work.  Your only options are to use an older OS, or a newer version of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines