• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE errors out with "Unknown Exception" "86::1 when importing media

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a file into AE I receive "Unknown Exception" "86::1 error. The files are ProRes HQ and 4444.  I have opened the video files in Quicktine as well as Blackmagic Fusion and they open without issue.  

The files and projects are from my production workstation which is a PC. Unfortunately both of my PC's are in the middle of a Houdini Render so I thought I try to get some work done on my Apple M1 MAX.  I'm not sure if there are AE compatibility issues with Apple Silicon? We are a year and a half into the Apple silicon transition and Adobe has yet to publicly release an Apple Silicon version of AE.

I have confirmed that there are no permissions issues and I even tried converting some of the files to ProRes again using Adobe Media encoder on the same Mac just to ensure there was not some type of file issue.

I'm about 30 mins away from just redoing the comp in Fusion instead. I'd prefer not to have to rebuild the whole file since there was quite a bit of tracking and roto-work. I feel like there is always some issue with After Effects these days.   

Any help would be appreciated.

Destination Machine with issues: 

After Effects Version 22.2

Apple M1 Max 64GB / 32 Core GPU

Mac OS 12.2

Origin Machine where AE files were created:

After Effects Version 22.2

AMD Threadripper 3990x 64 Core, 256GB RAM 4 x Nvidia 3090's

Windows 10 Pro 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This place is a ghost town. Does anyone from Adobe occasionally peek in the forums? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can try other random ProRes files when I get back in. The files generated by media encoder were just a sort of troubleshooting check. I wanted to use a file generated on that machine by Adobe software as a control. It didn't work but the files that I generated were readable in Davinci Resolve, FCPX, Fusion and Nuke on that same machine. I also tried multiple ProRes files from other projects that I know to be working and none of them would import into AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines