• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Exporter plugin suddenly no longer recognised

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have created 2 plugins for After Effects that add a new video file export format, one exports to a viw video file and the other expoorts to a custom image sequence.

Both plugins have been around and have been working for at least 6 years without any issues, however suddenly as of AE2022 I think, I can suddenly only see one of the formats availiable in my expoort options.

I discovered after experimentation that if both of my plugins are ini the plugins folder at the same time then it will only load the first one.

In debug I can see that the second plugin never has it's entry point function called at all, so there must be something in the host that is deciding that it should not laod the plugin for some reason. The only thing that I could think of that was read BEFORE calling the entry point function was the PIPL but I checked it and it is correct and they are different between the two plugins.

So can anybody help me as to why this is not working, and more specifically why it should suddenly stop working after 6 years ??

Best regards,

Nigel Sadler.

TOPICS
Import and export , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that it would be useful to have the actual plugins in case you can view a log, they are availiable at the dropbox link in this post. One should add a new export file format called FlexRes and the second should adda new sequence file format called Flexres Image Sequence

Files:

Plugin Files on Dropbox 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually updated them for all this new-fangled multiframe-rendering stuff and soem other changes in the APIs? AE may simply disable/ ignore them if it can't figure out the MFR status.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenuium,

I have updating for the things that are relevant, but I don't believe that this can be the issue because if I remove either of the two plugins the other one works perfectly, so AE is not having any issues with the plugin code itself, it just won't let me have 2 plugins in the same folder (or in the same parent plugins folder) so it seems to be making it's decision to not load way before it acceses the code itself.

Nigel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried placing your actual exporter plug-in in the Mediacore folder? That's where technically most of that should go. Otherwise I could only imagine soemthing with the internal matchnames not being right that throws off AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion, I tried moving the plgins to the mediacore folder, but same result unfortunately.

Yes, I agree there is some sort of matchnaming / PIPL / method scanning that happens before a plugin is loaded that I guess is the same in both of mny plugins and so as a result it can't load both of them because the details are the same - this would definately point to the PIPL file, but they are definately different from what I can see - do you know if there is any way to see a LOG of the loading of the plugins during startup - maybe that might point me in the right direction, and thank you for your help and suggestions so far 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines