• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE keeps crashing at startup, either v18 or v22...

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For some reason, I can't manage to open any recent AE version. I've been trying about anything I could think of, read the frequent crash causes page, and spent time here trying to find similar cases, but nada... 

With a v22 , and while initializing MediaCore, I have an AE alert window alerting about GPUManager Sniffer result code 11

On a v18, msg is slightly different but also complaining about GPU.

I've done half a dozen fresh installs of various versions, reset the prefs files, even created a new mac user : nothing worked.

I'm on a M1Max running OS 12.2.1, with an external display, some raid arrays, a video board, etc…

Thank for any help,

David

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Hi David,

Sorry for the crash.

In some cases, After Effects crashing on "initializing MediaCore" means that there are third-party plug-ins that are causing After Effects to not launch properly. Try removing all the After Effects Plug-ins you're aware of and remove all the files and folders (except dummy.txt) at the following location: HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Sorry for the crash.

In some cases, After Effects crashing on "initializing MediaCore" means that there are third-party plug-ins that are causing After Effects to not launch properly. Try removing all the After Effects Plug-ins you're aware of and remove all the files and folders (except dummy.txt) at the following location: HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu, and thanks for your feedback that went straight to the good place! 🙂

I had an insta360 importer that went into the MediaCore folder without my knowledge, when I installed the insta360 stitch software last week. As soon as I remove it, all is ok!

I'm a bit confused that was so simple but couldn't find this out my myself...

Thanks again for your great input!

Best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a lot of 3rd paty plugins installed?

As David pointed out one or more of these may be the cylprit

On the loading splash scrren, keep an eye on the pkugins being loaded and try to spot the one at which AE crashes

Then remove that plugin and see what happens

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input Mo, that was indeed one damn plug!

Have a nice day!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines