• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE to AME export Color Control - Fill effect problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I render my comp in AE everything goes fine, but as soon as I send the same comp to AME it renders without the color information from the "color control" layer.

This happens since I've updated to the latest version of AE and AME. Is this a bug or do I do something wrong?

I've created a new test file to see if the problem was inside my file or more general.  And apparently it's general :

inside AE  :

When rendered on AME my blue solid appears red :

Thanks forward for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Hi Cedric.

Do you know a script that could help me replace all the ("color") by (1), or do I have to do it manually?

I think "DUIK" should help you with the replacement, however I think there are more lightweight scripts for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cedricb,

Thanks for posting, we are looking at this issue closely as we are hearing reports of it from other users as well.

Which expression engine are you using in After Effects before you send to Media Encoder? The engine preference is in the Project Settings under File > Project Settings > Expressions tab > Expression Engine. See if toggling to Legacy ExtendScript resolves the issue.

Try this as well: instead of ending your expression link with ("Color"), use the property index (1) instead. Like this:

comp("Comp 2").layer("Adjustment Layer 1").effect("Color Control")(1)

Yet another option to try: see if changing the language of AME to English has any effect, under Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Language.

Please let me know if any of these options are able to help with the problem.

Thanks so much,

- John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your help.

1.  Toggling between JavaScript and Legacy ExtendedScript does not change anything.

2.  Using the property index (1) causes AE to ignore the control layer too (now everything is red both in AE and AME ) (it makes no difference if I switch from Legacy to JavaScript)

3.  Using English in AME makes no difference.

The problem is still there.

Have a nice day,

Cedric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for trying those out and responding back so quickly. I'm sorry options 1 and 3 didn't work out, but let's retry option 2. Looking at your screengrab, it appears there is more explanation needed on how to rewrite the expression.

Expression property links are built like a chain, where each item in the chain is referenced by its name. You can also reference items by their index number, which is what we're going for in this case.

You added (1) to the end of the property link, so the expression property was looking for another property underneath ("Color"), which doesn't exist. Instead, replace ("Color") with (3), like this:

comp("__Controller__").layer("__Controller__").effect("Shadow Color")(3)

This is because "Color" is the third property in the Fill effect.

I had recommended (1) for the expression from your first post because Color is the first property of the Color Control effect.

Let me know if this is making sense. We are looking at this issue closely to find the cause.

Thanks again,

- John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

my mistake, solution 2 worked and the index is indeed (1) (instead of (3))

I 've just realized that I had added the (1) after ("Color") and not replaced it.

In this file, I have about 100 pre-comps that use the fill effect.

Do you know a script that could help me replace all the ("color") by (1), or do I have to do it manually?

Thanks forward,

Cedric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cedric.

I think "DUIK" should help you with the replacement, however I think there are more lightweight scripts for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  my problem is now solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

привет! я не смог решить такую же проблему с AME!err.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines