• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After creating RotoBrush settings, does Refine Edge settings supersede?

Advocate ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If I use RotoBrush, and then create some custom settings, say, 12% feather...

Then I go back and use the Refine Edge Tool and in that tool's settings add another 10% feather.

If my feather now at 22% ?  Or does the Refine Edge delete the prior settings and my feather is only 10% ?

Thank you!

Letty

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

The feather is never 22%, anyway. That's not how the math works. Otherwise the effects don't really know much about each other or else Refine Edge wouldn't work on keying as well if it were dependent on RB data.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feather is never 22%, anyway. That's not how the math works. Otherwise the effects don't really know much about each other or else Refine Edge wouldn't work on keying as well if it were dependent on RB data.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I confused the feather with the contrast.

OK, so if feather is set at 12  (btw, is that 12 pixels or 12 what?)  so if feather is 12 in rotobrush,  then when Fine Edge does it's thing and I add 10 to the Edge feather,  your saying it's not adding to the original feather, it's starting from scratch and the new feather is 10?

I thought is was compounding the rotobrush feather + fine edge feather because doesn't Edge Fine tool use the RB data to determine where the Edge tool clings to?  If that RB edge is feathery, then the Edge tool will add to that feather? 

LOL  sorry, set me straight.

Thanks,

Letty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines