• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effect and media encoder freeze problem

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I'm using after effect for animations. When I try to get render on after effect or media encoder, always I'm getting the blue screen and windows restarting. I noticed something, if the video is short like 3 or 5 seconds or not have many VFX to force the computer, there is no problem. But if i render long video like 10 seconds or more and with some VFX, render motors are stuck and get the blue screen. I attached photo that the blue screen but the error code not same all the time it's changing.

I'm using all the updated versions.
Also, I tried to remove and fresh install, not solved

My computer,
Windows 11
RTX 3070 TI
32 GB ram 6000 Mhz
12th Gen Intel i9 12900K Cpu

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There might be something up with your graphics drivers.  Try setting AE to software only ( File > Project Settings ) and see if you can render from the Render Queue.  A blue screen crash like you're experiencing sounds like the render is trying to use something already in use and Windows freaks out.  

If that works, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and see if you can switch back to software.

Are you using the C4D renderer or the Classic 3D (something else to try)

And one other thing to check - do you defintely have write access to the cache drive?  That's an odd one, but something is causing the blue screen and Windows blocking file writing and the RAM being topped out might be the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines