• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect hung \ freeze after clicking ( Preferences) WHY?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

To make it short, the Adobe contact center has remoted my machine for 2 days and has applied all possible solutions and workaround to resolve the said issue but no luck!

and after a couple of trials, they asked me to create a new local account on my windows 11 OS .. and the issue was resolved with that new account!

the question is how to fix the problem on my account without creating new windows local account?

NOTE: I am sure the problem is from my windows profile but not sure where!

My PC information:

GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M5000 |  Driver Version 31.0.15.3141 | Driver date: 3/16/2023

RAM: 128 GB

After Effect Version: 23.3.0 ( Build 53 )

abdulaziza41181589_0-1680038710182.png

Thank you

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Abdul,

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Could you review this article and check if any of the steps fix the problem for you? Have you tried running After Effects as an Administrator? If you have any active third-party firewall or antivirus, try temporarily switching it off to see if that fixes the issue. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ishan,

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, I have done all the mentioned steps in the articles as well as the adobe contact center has removed all the applications and then re-installed them again BUT I still have the same issue.

I have Norton Ani-Virus and I have turned it off but also the same 😞 but usually, any blockage from the app will notify me however no notification occurs while lunching After effect!

in addition, for the other local account, all apps working fine and an ani-virus are active as well!

I am sure my local windows user account has a certain file causing this! 

I will be waiting for a solution team,....

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi abdulaziza41181589,

Does it hang only when clicking Preferences? Does it work fine with all the other menus? Could you try closing the Character panel and see if that brings any change? Also, does Running After Effects as administrator help?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nishu_kush  Thank you for getting back to me.

In fact, the issue persists when I click (Preferences) ONLY either on after Effects or Adobe Premiere as well.

also, I have run the app with Admin mode but the same issue.

Concerning the "Character panel" I didn't get you, bro ... if you can elaborate more? when I can find it?

NOTE: I have installed ( Process Monitor) just to check if any access is required but nothing worth mentioning. 

Regards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached the process monitor result while opening the preferences in after effect in case someone needs to have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help? 

thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reminder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response. Could you let us know if you have any third-party plugins installed? Some users have reported similar issues with a plugin. For testing purposes, move all folders in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins to a different location (like your Desktop) and check if you still see the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ishan Y  We sincerely acknowledge and value the efforts made by you in assisting us. Nevertheless, despite having relocated the folders as suggested, the issue at hand persists unabated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry to hear that the workaround didn't fix the issue. Are you using any input devices like TourBox? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines