Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2019 Crashes every time

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

i don't know why, but every time i try to launch AE  2019 on my WIN 10 it crashes with this massege:

After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <8732> <Scripting <5> Executing startup/shutdown script at: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 20191 Support Files Scripts\Startup command Line Render.jsx

i tried to uninstall an re-install AE, and restarting my computer.. that all the weapons i got

anyone has an idea?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Okay, i figured it out, after a lot of tries, i simply uninstalled AE 2019, and moved the whole "Adobe After Effects CC 2019" folder from:

C:\Program Files\Adobe

(not sure where is the parallel folder on OSX)

and i installed it again. that's it.

in the process i was chating with Adobe agent for help, and they said that method works...

here's the transcript of the chat:

Shrayanka: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.
Shrayanka: We appreciate your patience and regret the inconvenience due to the h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your machine specs? All drivers are up to date? Have enough space In your drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that it was working fine until yesterday, same computer, same AE vesion, i think that somthing broke the installation..

I have enough space, and everything is up to date.

I've got an i7 machine, with 32gb of RAM, and 1060 graphic card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar machine here, just with a 1070 and have the same problem. Have not been able to get ANY work done. The program crashes consistently every 4-5 minutes. It doesn't auto-save, because why would that be a feature we want, right Adobe?

Worked perfectly till i updated to 2019. This is a MAJOR PROBLEM, not being able to do work for my clients because you can't troubleshoot your program is disgraceful. Now have to uninstall, install 2018, move all my plugins back... Thanks a ton adobe, saturday ruined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having no problems and increased productivity with CC 2019. Are you sure everything is compatible? Most folks that I know are not having any significant problems with this update. What OS and GPU drivers are you using?

One more thing, never remove a previous working version of any software until you are sure the new one is going to work for you. Adobe makes this easy, you just have to check the option when you install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, it crashed whenever I tried to view the main timeline! Had to uninstall 2019 version and installed back 2018 (15.1.2) version in order to stop crashes. I learned my hard lesson by "unchecking" the auto-update of apps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a prior version is reinstalled, does it behave as expected?

Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

If so, it should at least keep you working until you can figure out what's preventing After Effects CC2019 from running as expected (be it something that has to change on your end or something that Adobe needs to patch).

Assuming you get CC2019 working at some point, I've round it really, really helpful to keep this in mind when there's a major update:

Previous versions uninstalling when installing CC 2015 applications

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE 2018 works! so yeah, i can continue working, but i worry that i won't be able to use 2019.. whatever i do it doesn't work.

again, it was working great two days ago, and for some reason stop working..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can guarantee you 100% it's on Adobe's end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Warren, you and Adobe just don't seem to get it. We don't want to have to install old versions to see if they work. We don't want to come here and talk to you to try to figure out how to work around our problem. We want a program that we pay for to work and behave as expected. And if it doesn't we want you to not release it till it does. Hard? no, not really. Would you buy a loaf of bread that was half baked expecting to eat it? You wouldn't. Why do I have to pay for your half baked crap of a software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya, Byronimo:

For what it's worth, my After Effects CC2019 as of the most recent update is running fine.  I also have CC2018, CC2017, CC2014 and CS6 installed (I never "remove old versions") and they're all still running, more or less, as expected.  Each iteration has its quirks, but I'm able to run them with a rather extensive list of 3rd party plug-ins as well as with Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Audition, and InDesign.

I hope you're able to get your After Effects to run as expected soon.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Had the same issue and was giving up on finding a solution, but before sending the computer out of the window I found the 'commandlinerenderer.jsx' file in the location in the error message and moved it out of the 'Startup folder' (moved it elsewhere just if it was vital....) and everything (so far) seems to be working fine.  I'm sure it is meant to be used for something, but I've just completed a project with no issues and that is all I'm after!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked fine for three times opening up after effects. Now it has just started complaining about another file. I did uninstall 2018 version (after just downloading again as a potential work around) in that time so it could be linked somehow.  But 2019 is back to crashing... I will have to download 2018 to actually get some work done so will see if that helps 2019 to work? I don’t enjoy having to bug test Adobe software every time an update comes out though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had this problem when I installed the twixter plugin and did not delete the previous version, transfer all the files from the scripts somewhere for a while and you should be shown what the error is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <8960> <Scripting <5> Executing startup/shutdown script at: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 20191 Support Files\Scripts\Startup command Line Render.jsx

Ihave the same problem when the opening of After effects cc 2019 what is the solution? I have a i5 7th Gen 8GB of ram and 1 TB HDD hard dial with 2gb of NVIDIA graphic card and windows 10 pro operation system. When I am going to uninstall the AE it shows the message of " Please Save your work and close the following programs for all logged in users, then click "continue": (error code: 131) " but I don't have any file to save. What is the reason for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in CC2019 on Scripts loading, for me and many others... and without any installed plugin..
CC2018 works perfectly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, i figured it out, after a lot of tries, i simply uninstalled AE 2019, and moved the whole "Adobe After Effects CC 2019" folder from:

C:\Program Files\Adobe

(not sure where is the parallel folder on OSX)

and i installed it again. that's it.

in the process i was chating with Adobe agent for help, and they said that method works...

here's the transcript of the chat:

Shrayanka: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.
Shrayanka: We appreciate your patience and regret the inconvenience due to the high wait time.
I D: hi
Shrayanka: Hello, as I can check you are facing crash issues while launching AE?
I D: yes indeed
Shrayanka: I apologize for  the inconvenience caused, I will try my best to resolve the issue
Shrayanka: .
Shrayanka: Please share your system specifications(RAM, graphic card, processor).
I D: i have an I7 processor, nvidia 1060GTX GPU, and 32RAM
Shrayanka: Thank you for the information and I am sorry to know that you had to face such inconvenience.
Shrayanka:
Shrayanka: May I start a remote session with your computer to troubleshoot the issue? If this is okay, please close your personal files/folders before sharing your screen with me.
I D: AE 2019 was working fine until one day it has stopped working
I D: it's okay, but i'm in the middle of (another try) instaling AE 2019
Shrayanka: No issue let us stay connected until it is downloaded, then I will take control and solve it.
I D: can you dogreat, i'l tell you when it's ready
I D: Thanks!
Shrayanka: You are welcome.
I D: okay, it's done
Shrayanka: Does it work ?
I D: you know what, it does!
I D: can i tell you what i did just to check if i diidn't harm anything?
Shrayanka: Yes sure please.
I D: i uninstalled AE, and the moved away the Adobe After Effects CC 2019 on path:
I D: C:\Program Files\Adobe
I D: and instaled again... and it worked
Shrayanka: Perfect !
I D: Great! thank you for giving me luck!
Shrayanka: You are welcome
Shrayanka: Is there anything else I can help you with?
I D: no, thanks
Shrayanka: You are going to receive a customer satisfaction survey. I would appreciate it if you fill it out. Thank you, goodbye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem with AE 2019.1.  It starts to open, hangs, and I get the wonderful little "Would you like to report this crash to Adobe" message.  I uninstalled it twice via CC Installer, finally ran the CC Cleaner tool (which, by the way, wipes out all Adobe Apps), reinstalled and the same hang-up crash.  When I told the uninstaller not to save my preferences it deleted the After Effects folder completely.  I am attempting to reinstall the previous version and am hoping to get back to work.  This has cost me time and money!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop jams, AFX stops working, you can forget about working in several applications from Adobe at the same time. Time flies, money too. Maybe it's time to think about a class action lawsuit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something that seemed to work for me just now (my file has been open now, and working, much longer than it was staying open earlier today, but I'll delete this if it starts crashing again):

It's stupid, because it's disabling a main feature, and I can't promise it's your problem, but disabling Cinema 4D renderer seems to have helped.  Even though I had no 3D activated, I apparently had been creating Comps with that as the default.  So I went into each comp's settings and changed the renderer to classic.  Again, I want to specify that this project uses NO 3D so while it doesn't make a difference to me, there should be no reason this has allowed me to go from "well, guess this client isn't getting their video" to "everything's fine!"

This would explain why some project files were great for the whole time you were working on it and some can't do anything.

Goes without saying that I can't use the Cinema 4D or Ray-Traced renderers to extrude things without it being crash city, so it's still a broken product that they're selling at full price.  Hope this helps somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could get that far!  After opening a single project successfully in 2019 (the first time I'd opened a project with it), it unexpectedly crashed and every subsequent attempt at opening the program (not the project), resulted in an immediate crash.  I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. No luck.  I thought "OK, I'll build some titles on my backup system and export them".  No luck.  The first time I opened AE2019 the program hung and crashed.  Keep in mind that this is on an entirely different computer!  Uninstalling, including Preferences, and reinstalling still it crashed before it fully opened.  I reinstalled AE2018 and am able to work, but that'll only be a temporary workaround.

Does anyone know if Preferences are being saved to the Adobe Cloud and when I try to Open AE2019 is it reaching for some corrupted Preferences?  If that is possible, is there a way to delete Project Preferences from the Adobe Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG I have tried everything...changing back to normal 3d worked...thank you!!,!,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry it's a little late on the original post however I had the same issues as above and adobe helped me directly. I had sufficient hardware and gfx card but AE 2019 kept crashing, it would sometimes load a project, then not, then run for a while then crash. I had the blank screen issue at the start then booted using alt and shift, which resolved temporarily, I contacted via direct chat and they took a look at my settings and machine and it was my drivers on the gfx card that had not updated which was causing the issue.

As soon as I updated the drivers the issue was solved! Sounds simple and obvious however mine was not set to auto update!

Hope this helps, better late than never!

KR

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue: crashes on start-up EVERY time. I work two jobs and freelance in what time I can spare. This has absolutely ruined my night.

More to the point, I don't even understand what this means:

I D: i uninstalled AE, and the moved away the Adobe After Effects CC 2019 on path:
I D: C:\Program Files\Adobe

"and moved away" the path. Can someone please explain exactly what was done here? Meanwhile, i'm re-installing 2018 and my window to get work done has closed.

This is disgusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines