Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 (ver 17.5) download?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any tips on how I can get hold of an After Effects 2020 install? Due to a system crash I need to get my system up and running with a certain set of plugins that are on longer supported by the newer versions of After Effects (2021 and 2022). Thank you!

Best,

Terje

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to get hold of older installers nowadays is by kindly asking Adobe Customer Care:

Click the 'circle with a speech bubble' icon (below is how it looks) on the bottom right hand side to initiate a Chat. Say something like "Hello, I need the direct download link (offline installer) for the 2020 release of After Effects (ver 17.5) as I have a set of plugins that are no longer supported by recent versions of After Effects. Could you please help me?".

contactadobeicon.png

You were once able to get direct download links from ProDesignTools, but it's no longer possible and the pages there just state what I said above.

Best regards,

Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking time to respond, Maurice! I appreciate it. In other words, I have to beg? Well, after two years of covid, I'm ready to do anything to get my work projects going again. I just need my old trusty plugins to work. I'll give it a shot. Thank you for your help!

Best,

Terje

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terje, you're very welcome 🙂 Yep, just ask the person you're getting in contact with kindly, tell him/her what the matter is and they should give you the installer. Are the plug-ins no longer supported by the manufacturer(s) in general? Maybe it's worth nagging them too.

In any case, I hope you're successful in your endeavours!

Best,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maurice, I will. If I get in contact with Adobe. I still haven't be able to find a way in yet (to a chat or anything else). I'm just directed to new web sites without any real contact option. Hopefully I'll succeed, eventually. I cross my fingers.

I guess some of the plugins in questions are supported, but they're now a part of several annual subscriptiona, which are pricy to say the least. As I understand it's a consequence of a take over of another software company. Technology is constatly moving. It's understandable, but not always convenient. Luckily I was allowed to download my original plugin installers. A great and kind service, indeed. I did ask nicely though. 🙂

Best,

Terje

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue got solved, thanks to Ibrahim at Adobe Customer Care. Great service and help. I'm now a happy downloader of AFX 17.5. Life is good.

Thanks for your input, Maurice!

All the best,

Terje

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to download verson 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I can't be of any help, I'm afraid. I've upgraded my computer and OS since my posting here. I no longe use or can't access AFX ver 17.5. I hope you'll find a solution to your problem like I once did. Have a great day!

All the best,

Terje 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines