Copied

When i try to export my video on After Effects the quality is always poor

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leanna23727623o0ub,

Welcome to the community. We're here to assist.

Please share the following details so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly:

• What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version) and the exact version of After Effects?
  • What are your export settings? Are you using After Effects Render Queue or Media Encoder to export?
  • Please share a screenshot of the media player with the file opened in it so that we can see the problem.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the assisstance,i dont know about system specifications. I have version v 22.2.1. I use After effects render Queue and Media Encoder to export. On After Effects the quality is high but when i export to quicktime the quality goes down.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - if you mean that placed MP4 inside the AE file then it is only 720p resolution - so any export at a higher resolution than that will have to enlarge it/degrade it. My apologies if I've misunderstood the issue?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry can you explain more about that.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't really tell what is in your composition from the screenshots - but I noticed in your project files an mp4 that is only 720p resolution - and if using that in your timeline and exporting to 1080p for example then you aren't going to get a good result. But like I say - I'm only guessing from the limited info. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a high quality clip and i tried exporting that , but it still ended up getting low quality.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to show us exactly what you mean by low quality. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know the bitrate of your source MP4 file?  Low bitrate MP4 files might look great while playing back in a media player and then fall apart when being re-encoded or when effects are applied.  The former may only be apparent after exporting while the latter should be apparent in the Comp panel.

The best way to address issues with low bitrate source is to replace it with high bitrate source, or better yet, with a format that is good for motion graphics and special effects).  You can also try transcoding the low bitrate source to a format that is good for editing for use in After Effects (like a ProRes QuickTime movie), but that cannot restore information that has already been removed due to high video compression. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use high bitrate and i still get the same low quality i tried almost all of them i dont know if its my media player thats not good.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your comp settings, the specifications (codec and resolution) of your footage.

Also you are using Magic Bullet Looks and there is a warning on it. This normaly means you are using a 8 bit effect in a 16 or 32 bit comp or a 16 bit effect in a 32 bit comp.

Can you make an export without plugins, just the footage and can you check if the quality then.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines