• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 22.1.1 Broke PNG export! (?)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, first off, is anyone else experiencing this issue, and, second, can anyone reproduce it if they haven't tried exporting PNGs yet?

Ever since updating to Ae 22.1.1, I can't export single PNGs or PNG sequences anymore. If I revert back to 22.0.1, everything works fine again. Update to 22.1.1 and it breaks. Revert to 22.0.1 and it works. I can do this multiple times on four different machines and it breaks/works every. single. time.

Since I can reproduce this issue, repeatedly on multiple machines, I can only assume that 22.1.1 has a PNG bug that needs to be addressed. If anyone else can confirm (or tell me the fix besides reverting back and waiting for the next version) I would appreciate it. I've attached the three errors that pop up, in order, and all of them pop up on all four machines, on any Ae project file, that we try to export PNGs from.
Thanks!
PNGIO Error 1.png

PNGIO Error 2.png

PNGIO Error 3.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, all four systems are Windows 10 x64 machines:
CPU: Ryzen 5950X
RAM: 64GB - 96GB
GPU: RTX 3080 10GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm there is an issue.  Seems to be related to exporting when the colorspace is sRGB.  My workaround was to use Image P3 colorspace which seems to be working for my needs so far.

I am on MacOS Big Sur 11.6.2; latest AE, MacPro, 32GB RAM, W6800x Duo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks avkills! Yes, and also to confirm, we were using sRGB when exporting. And thanks for sharing the workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue here.
Thanks for reporting this. Now I know it's definitely a problem with this latest version. I'm reverting to 22.0.1 for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - specifically when "linearize working space" is activated. If it's unclicked, PNG's export fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi heybelay,

After Effects team is aware of the issue working on a fix. Keep an eye on the updates.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there was never a update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are in March and this is still a colassal issue for me. I get so frustrated when things like this break for seemingly no reason. I prefer to work in linear but whether it's turned on or off, makes no difference- cannot export PNGs with any settings of any variation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Now it's April.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines