Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 22.2.1 is now available!

Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 22.2.1 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This release is recommended for all users.

What's fixed?

• Fixed an issue where calling CompItem.markerProperty.setValueAtTime() caused an error.
  • Fixed output module templates being corrupted when quitting After Effects.

How to update After Effects to version 22.2.1?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top-left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

Rameez_Khan_0-1646771461048.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to this version and I am still having issues with Output Module Templates being corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ItsKnowOne

I'm sorry to hear about this. Are you on Mac or Windows? 

Are you getting this dialog every time you launch After Effects?

Let me know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the .old file and the newly created file and that fixed it on relaunch. I think the file got corrupted on exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad you were able to fix it yourself. 

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashes on startup with OS Monterey (fresh install with no plugins). 

It really is shocking that, after all these years, the same issues still persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine crashes every time I open a project I was working on around the time it updated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AriCat77,

Do you open the project file by double-clicking it, or do you launch After Effects first and open your project?

Are you on macOS or Windows? 

Are you able to open other projects or create a new project? 

Let me know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @HarryHedgehog,

Are you on the latest version of macOS Monterey (12.3) that was released earlier this month?  

Can you go through this troubleshooting doc and let me know if it helps? https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-fix-common-after-effects-crashes... 

If the document doesn't help, I'd require a copy of the After Effects crash log from your computer. Here is where you can find that: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on... 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't do it.  It's unuseable.  It's so slow that it's laughable awful.  Adobe strikes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rgontarek

Sorry to hear about this! 

If you could provide more detail about the issues/slowness, I'll be happy to troubleshoot with you. 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this too!

• Extremely slow on startup
  • Text tool is just unusable
  • As soon as there's any text in a comp I just can't preview & rendering for text is extremely heavy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to echo these issues. Also when using plugins like Animation Composer the menus take 4-5 seconds to respond. This never happened in older versions of Ae. Everything in Ae just feels a lot slower or unresponsive. I am on an Intel iMac Pro and everything is as up to date as it can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ruben5E6C

I'm sorry to hear that! 

• Are you on Windows or Mac?
  • Is Multi-Frame Rendering enabled under Preferences > Memory & Performance
  • Is it slow across all the projects or a specific one? 

Let me know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Socom

If Multi-Frame Rendering is enabled under Preferences > Memory & Performance, I'd suggest you disable it and see if that helps. 

Can you remove the plugins temporarily and see if that helps improve the performance? You can do that by navigating to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/ and moving the plugins to your desktop. You can put them back after this test. 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rameez_Khan 

I'm working on a fairly powerful Mac (iMac 5K - i9 - 64GB) & already disabled multiframe rendering. I never had any issues & now after effects just slowed down suddenly.
I have the feeling other adobe software are slowing down too, had some lagging in illustrator & acrobat as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, @Ruben5E6C!

Which version of macOS are you running? 

Would it be possible for you to share a screen recording of the slowness with the app? That will help me understand the issue better. 

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Monterey 12.3, I fixed the problem by completely wiping all Adobe software and folders from my pc & reïnstalling it. I don't know where the problem might have been but I am glad I can work again, I've lost lots of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you lost a lot of time — that's not ideal, but I'm glad that you are up and running now. 

Thanks for sharing the update.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"All caps" tool in characters is working crazy since update....

why fix minor issue and break down major tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Blakk76

Can you please elaborate on the problem? What's the expected behavior vs. the current behavior?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.21 hangs on exit on my updated Windows 10 machine. I've never encountered this issue before with AE. The program runs fine until I try to close it and than it hangs/won't close. It can't be closed by using Task Manager, and eventually, it hangs the whole system. and I have to reset the system with the power button. 

I've reverted to 22.2 as I'm in the middle of a time-sensative project and can't troubleshoot the issue right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, still we have ugly grey top bar and windows on our beautyful M1 Macs which is just a shame!!!Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-12 um 13.29.08.png and after hundreds of versions its still not possible to keep custom keysboard shortcuts working troughout a version update, which is even a bigger shame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines