• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Animation Presets not working.

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As normal, I'm selcting a text layer, browsing animation presets, double clickings said preset in bridge and nothing happens, 

When I try to work around and just try to directly apply the preset directly in AE, still nothing happens. I don't often use these presets but I want to for this project where I'm animating a childrens book. 

AE and Bridge up to date

late 2014 iMac

3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

24g RAM 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without specifics liek what actual preset and stuff like fonts used and formatting nobody can tell you much. Most likely you are simply using it on a layer that has been heavily custom formatted and thus the preset cannot do its magic without destroying the formatting and AE thus may not apply it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's right! It's a text layer on a .psd that's been formatted heavily in photoshop. Thanks. You've answered my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes Bridge can be problematic. Try applying the preset directly from the Effects and Presets panel in After Effects. If that does not work then the preset is not suited to that kind of a layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines