after effects can't continue s_shake plugin generated an unexpected exception

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!! I REALLY need someone's help. I recently got after effects on my new laptop as well as the sapphire plugin and oftentimes when using s_shake or s_flicker I get this pop up reading, "after effects can't continue s_shake plugin generated an unexpected exception." How can I fix this? I uninstalled sapphire and installed it again but the same issue occurs. It does not happen right when I add these effects but in a more random and unpredictable manner rather. And at the same time my after effects does not respond 😞

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You check the folder below to make sure nothing is left just in case after you uninstall Sapphire.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Sapphire Plug-ins

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I also am encountering this issue and it specifically happens in After Effects CC 2021. It doesnt crash straight away, but after about 20 minutes of editing, if you make even the slightest change to the project, you will have a circling cursor and the software will crash saying "s_(any sapphire plugin) created an unexpected exception". I have tried completely uninstalling (even deleting the registry) and re-installing both After Effects and all the plugins including sapphire, it works for about 2-3 hours but then out of nowhere it freezes again, and each time it happens the frequency of getting the error seems to be shrinking. And yes, i have tried installing different versions After Effects CC 2021, but this error seems to be happening on every version. I would like to know if there is any solution

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.. please let me know if you find a solution👍

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you guys find the solution??? Please share if so because I need it badly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imma try and downl downgrade to another version of sapphire if there's a way , because i didn't pay just for it to not work

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same error from the Sapphire Plugins, completely random sometimes. Did you get it to work with the downgraded version?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I wish someone was able to provide a fix, it was working fine just a couple of weeks ago

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I usually only get this problem when my pc has ran out of memory and or the plugin doesn't function correctly at a certain moment, Try just reopening After Effects.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines