Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects composition window is not responding

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there everyone,

I really hope I will find some help here because I don’t know where else to go.

I’ve switched to a new laptop last week (i7-1165G7 2.80GHz, 32 RAM, Nvidia T500, Win10) and since then I have issues with After Effects.

If I launch any of my projects (created with the same ver of the software, but on a different machine) – the composition window does not respond from the moment I open the project. Please have a look at the video with the bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQK6W-20E4s

So far I’ve tried every potential solution I could find online, but nothing helped. Our IT dept spent hours trying to fix it, but no luck.

We tried different versions of After Effects, drivers and various combinations of AE settings, nothing solves the issue. Everything else works fine on this machine incl Photoshop and Premiere.

Affected projects work fine on other machines.

Even if I create a project from scratch - it will "break" eventually.

I found one workaround (also can be seen in the video) - if I create a new, empty project and import the “broken” project in, then it will work, but only for a limited amount of time. After 5-10 minutes the composition window will stop responding, attempts to close AE will lead to a crash and once restarted - the project will load with a non-responding composition screen (even without saving before quitting, the project will just be broken).

Maybe someone here encountered something like that?

Also attaching System Compatibility report. 

Please let me know if you want any extra details, many thanks!!

Best,

J

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Seems that I just had to write this bug report in order to find a solution on this website.

I've changed the Video Rendering and Effects to Mercury software only, saved and restarted the project, and now it seems to work fine. 

I will update this post if something goes wrong, but so far it seems to be a solution.

Sorry about that,

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that I just had to write this bug report in order to find a solution on this website.

I've changed the Video Rendering and Effects to Mercury software only, saved and restarted the project, and now it seems to work fine. 

I will update this post if something goes wrong, but so far it seems to be a solution.

Sorry about that,

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any updates on this issue? I had already tried everything that previously did not work for you. However, even after changing the Video Rendering and Effects to Mercury Software only, my preview still malfunctions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! 
The only advice I can give, and perhaps it is not very useful, but make sure to:

1) Save the project after you change the video rendering to Mercury Software Only

2) Restart the After Effects

But if this won't help, then I am afraid I have no idea of how to assist. This what worked for me.

Best

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have having the same issue. No work arounds seems to be working. I've tried anything and everything I have been able to find. 

I have this issue with AE, but Premeire stops working for me after about 10 minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem (macOS), but changing Video Rendering and Effects does not work =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines