• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Compressor Format Error (-1610153454)

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having some rendering issues as this error pops up "Compressor format error. (-1610153454)." Then it follows up with "Error Code: 9988". 

I'm using Apple Pro Res 4444 file out to an Apple Pro Res 4444 file (RGB + Alpha), 1920 x 1080, 29.97. Render crashes on Frame 13 each time when these error messages pop up. 

I've seen other solutions suggested with similar errors, but nothing seemes to be working. 

Any thoughts out there? Thanks in advance.

/LG

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your project, your computer and stuff like your output stoarge we can't realyl tel lyou much. The error happening at the same frame every time strongly suggests that this is a problem with the project rather than being an encoding error per se. Perhaps some source footage is damaged, perhaps an effect kicks in, perhaps there are problems with temp files and the cache. Really impossible to say. At the very least enable more verbose logging on the render queue and have an eye on your task manager/ activity monitor while rendering. This could offer some clues like e.g. CPU usage spiking or disk activity dying down.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Short, small animated logo bug created with shapes generated in AE. Trying to render it over a blurred white background layer.

If I render the logo without the blurred white shape behind it, the render completes flawlessy.

If I render only the blurred white layer, render completes flawlessly.

Attempt to render together and I get the errors you described - same error numbers.

I've tried pre-rendering both the logo and the white blurred background shape and re-importing the white blurred shape as a .PNG file. Same result. It makes no sense.

Here's what I'm running:

AE 22.1.1, running on a MacBook Pro Max with 64GB RAM 32GB GPU, and running Monterey 12.0.1

Attempting to render to Pro Res 4444 with alpha. 59.94 fps

I can post the file if that would help diagnose.

Thanks in advance for any help - much appreciated.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting these same two errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error- AE 22.5 macOS 12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Both M1 and Rosetta 'version' gave the error.

Had to resort to Windows to be able to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same mistakes. There are no problems when I render in Quicktime, as soon as I want to render to AVI using different codecs, these errors appear. The CPU has nothing to do with it, there are no anomalies with it. There is a place to work on the disk (50-75 GB), on disk C (not the one on which I work and nothing from AE should be saved on it) 10-15 GB.
Oleksiy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Errors*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same error. Just restarting AE didn't solve anything. Instead, try:
Edit > Purge > All memory & disk cache
Save

Quit
Restart computer
Restart AE

Rendered fine for me after that. Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by going to Preferences > Output > Disable the 'Enable ProRes hardware accelerated encoding, if available'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing from prores 444 to prores 444 HQ. I had a comp that for some reason crashed on export (render queue) and while giving me this error on 444, works just fine with HQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! I was having the exact same problem on my Mac Mini M2 Pro 16GB Memory. ProRes 444 was only working sometimes. Changing to 444HQ fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines