• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashing

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed After Effects and moments after it opens, I get a message saying a crash is in progress. Specifically, the message says: "After Effects error: crash in progress. Last logged message was: <113888> <BEE_MiscTasks> <5> Set Artisan Task: Classic 3D"

After that, a new error window opens that says After Effects can't continue. It gives me a chance to save my work and then the program becomes unresponsive.

The program is updated to the latest version. I've tried uninstalling it and installing it again. That's about as far as my trouble shooting goes.

Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you change the render setting from Classic 3D to something else (Cinema 4D or Ray-traced 3D), does your After Effects still crash? The setting is located at Composition menu > Composition Settings > 3D Renderer tab > Renderer option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more info:

Hardware:  RAM, hard drive type, CPU, Graphics Card etc

Software:  OS version, third party software etc

Is the the first time you've installed AE on this system?  Do you use any other Adobe software or other video editing/processing software on this system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a compatibility issue. As the others said, we need full system information and otehr technical details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Details of my computer:

System: Dell Studio XPS 9100

Processor: Intel(R) Core i7 CPU X 990 3.47 GHz

RAM: 24 GB

Running Windows 7

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 4095 MB total memory

I've uninstalled and reinstalled AE two times. I run Photoshop, Premiere and Audition on my computer with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andrewc,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Same Problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Titanuim_0-1666335759347.pngTitanuim_1-1666335760429.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you uninstall After Effects, the preference setting may still remain. Please also delete the folder below to uninstall it completely and then reinstall it.

C:\Users\{user_name}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\{your_version}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines