• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CS5 hangs on startup

New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CS5 (MAC, german trial version) needs 5-10 minutes to start up, hangs on the message "MediaCore wird initialisiert". On another Mac (small macbook!) it works fine. I did a reinstall, no effect. No plugins are installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Thanks guys.  It looks like both of you are having a similar problem with a third party AVI codec.  Please remove or uninstall any third party AVI codecs such as DivX,  XVid, etc. from your system and try AE again.  

You can also temporarily disable these components by closing any QT related apps and then dragging components out of the Library/QuickTime folder on your boot drive.   If that works, try adding them back one by one until it fails again.  That is the problem codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[log edited out so that the thread is readable]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys.  It looks like both of you are having a similar problem with a third party AVI codec.  Please remove or uninstall any third party AVI codecs such as DivX,  XVid, etc. from your system and try AE again.  

You can also temporarily disable these components by closing any QT related apps and then dragging components out of the Library/QuickTime folder on your boot drive.   If that works, try adding them back one by one until it fails again.  That is the problem codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aww man thanx so much.... It is an AVI Importer component. I can't thank you enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! Man, you are the hero of the month.

If you ever come to dresden, germany we will have a drink together... 🙂 (or two...)

Best regards

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help figuring this out.. and for the beer offer. Don't think  I'll be in Dresden any time soon, but if you could recommend a brand I'll give it a try here..  hoist a virtual toast as it were 

Just for the record, this would appear to be caused by the Perian codec for Mac, correct?  Which version was causing this problem?  Thanks.

Anyone else still have QT32 Server related problems on this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too Seth.  Thanks for solving the issue!  AE CS5 is running beautifully smooth now.  My 'AVI Importer' file was dated 2006.  Don't know which numeric version it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the best german brands (beer) in here is called "Radeberger". Sorry for offtopic and just for my interest: where are you and are you really able to buy german beer there?? Cheers 🙂

Oh, forgot: I had the latest perian installed (don't know the version yet, but it was the latest one). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i check for third party programs on my computer? I'm not sure if i have any...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This particular QT32 Server problem is only about third party QuickTime codecs. Are you still having a hang problem on AE startup that matches the three criteria listed in a previous post?   Are you on Mac or Windows?

You would have non-standard QuickTime codecs only if you either:

- installed them yourself  (like the Perian codec), or

- they were installed by side effect when you installed other video applications or hardware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was after i isntalled the adobe media player that this started happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the double post. I found DivX on my computer and uninstalled it and it's still happening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seth no this was not caused by the Perian component (for me anyway). It was an AVI Importer component.... I have also had problems with After Effects on other computers and these problems were caused by bad fonts on my system so I suggest to others to check that if they are having problems too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the CS5 demo of AE on an 8-core 3.2GHz Mac Pro running OSX 10.6.2 and couldn't believe the ridiculous startup time.

I just want to say that I'm glad I finally found this thread (after searching multiple variations on Google).

Following the advice above, I narrowed the culprit down to a QT component: AviImporter-r7 (Intel).component

I am not sure where this component originated, but perhaps that will be useful for someone else knowing the name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 8rik, hello everybody,

I'm working on a Imac 3.06 Ghz Interl Core 2 Duo / 4 Go 1067 Mhz RAM / OS 10.6.4

AE CS5 failed on demo and final version due to the Adobe qt32 server process.

On my computer, impossible to find the "AviImporter-r7 (Intel).component".

Where is it ?

What to do ?

Adobe support is not able to help me or fix the problem...

The Mac path is :

Library > Quicktime

I erased : AviImporter-r7 (Intel).component AND XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component

Both were 4 years old (2006 !)

IMPORTANT : just renaming the files is useless / erasing the files makes AE CS5 work in 5-10" instead of 2-6' !

Ce message a été modifié par : la-rando

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

La-rando - glad you figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem tried it all so far but where can i find that library folder to check up on components?

I dont seem to have one of those..

think i have the problem since win10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"think i have the problem since win10."
I'm not surprised -- AE CS 5.5 was released 5 years before Win 10.  Things have changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah one would think right 😃 ? I have the exact same problem with AE CC.

so no fix after 5 years...

guess the only thing left to try are those folders people talked about in this thread but i cant find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me killing the QT32 Server.exe before I start After Effects worked. No waiting anymore with the "Media Core initialization" in the splash screen. Windows 7 64bit and After Effects CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running AE CS5 on Windows 7 (64 bit). The program worked fine for months but is now hanging up on start up during the Initializing MediaCore sequence. It takes about 5 minutes to launch the program and when it finally does I get the following error message:

You have at least one output module template that refers to a missing output plug-in. Please check your Output Module Templates.

It seems to have lost the Quicktime codec and now will not recognize any files in the Quicktime format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I'm running AE CS5 on Windows 7 (64 bit). The program worked fine for months but is now hanging up on start up during the Initializing MediaCore sequence. It takes about 5 minutes to launch the program and when it finally does I get the following error message:

You have at least one output module template that refers to a missing output plug-in. Please check your Output Module Templates.

It seems to have lost the Quicktime codec and now will not recognize any files in the Quicktime format.

See this document:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/857/cpsid_85711.html

That document talks about aggressive firewall settings, but we've also seen that some other software (like FileMaker) can block the TCP communication that these components require.

If I'm right about what's causing the problem, the QuickTime failure is because After Effects is being prevented by some software on your computer from communicating with the Adobe QT32 Server process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! Problem solved!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to run Adobe After Effects cs6 on windows x64 bit , but it still hangs at "Initializing MediaCore." This is a huge problem in my schedule and I need a quick solution.

I have tried so far:

- Removing all third-party plug-ins

- (I would have tried this but for some reason I do not have the "QT32 Server" file in my task manager.) Attempted to delete QT32 Server

- Closing program completely, restarting computer

- Giving the program almost 3 hours to load

None of these "solutions" had any effects as I was still hung out on the Initializing MediaCore Screen

Please help!

Also, whenever I click on the loading image for AE, it says the program is "Not Responding."

Could this at all help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to read this and work through the troubleshooting steps there:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacPro 3,1

OSX 10.6.8

AE CS6

QT 7.7

Same here, except on Mac. Restart after a complete freeze, then upon startup AE hangs on the "Mediacore" status message.

I've tried the following (one at a time):

• Reparing permissions on the main drive.
  • Starting up AE as the only application running after a restart.
  • Trashing preferences.
  • Turning Mac firewall off completely.
  • Making excemptions for AE CS6, dynamiclinkmanager and Adobe QT32 Server in the Little Snitch rules, making an exemption for AE in the Mac firewall setting (was unable to find dynamiclinkmanager and Adobe QT32 Server applications to pinpoint to).
  • Removing all Quicktime components in the Library.

The only thing that gets it going is ending the Adobe QT32 Server task. Not a valid solution because evidently I will want to be able to render using Quicktime!

I have a faint memory of having had this problem with CS5 some 1,5 years ago. - Does anybody know what I did then?

Very frustrating. Especially on tight deadlines!

Fast help very much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines