• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects distorts shape of circle after rotating

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a strange problem with rotating a shape layer, though I've rotated objects many times before without an issue.  The layer that I'm rotating appears below, first in its original fully circular form and second in the shape it takes AFTER I rotate it.  As you'll notice the second shape is no longer completely circular as the original shape was.

This distortion happens after rotating the image, whether I use a drop down menu and enter an amount for rotation or if I manually rotate the image.  I've tried rotating with the mouse, rotating while holding "ctrl," rotating while holding down "shift," etc. and the image always distorts when I rotate it. My question: Why can't I rotate the original image you see below without the image's circle shape becoming diestorted?

Antonio23770288k3xu_0-1648446140831.pngAntonio23770288k3xu_1-1648446160469.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Hi Antonio23770288k3xu,

Thanks for writing in.

Are you working in non-square pixels (say, DV)? If so, enable the Pixel Aspect Ration Correction in the Composition panel (check out the screenshot) and redraw the circle.

PARC.jpg

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Your Grid is a dead giveaway. You are using a non-square pixel aspect ratio as Nishu already mentioned. Change the composition settings to square pixels or enable PAR correction.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antonio23770288k3xu,

Thanks for writing in.

Are you working in non-square pixels (say, DV)? If so, enable the Pixel Aspect Ration Correction in the Composition panel (check out the screenshot) and redraw the circle.

PARC.jpg

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nishu_kush 

Hi Nishu, 

Thank you for the information. I believe this might be the issue, but I was unable to find it on AF 2020.

I've searched everywhere AE and other search engines but was unable to find it. I hope someone here has the answer. 

Thank you, 

Tony

Antonio23770288k3xu_2-1648453334903.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Grid is a dead giveaway. You are using a non-square pixel aspect ratio as Nishu already mentioned. Change the composition settings to square pixels or enable PAR correction.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@nishu_kush  @Mylenium 

I can't believe I've been at this for over 3 days, just to have it come down to the composition settings. Thank you both very much. I appreciate all your help. The issue has been fixed thanks to you both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines